Moving A Plug Sockets Beneath The Kitchen Worktop.

I believe you can't have sockets under the worktop unless you can switch them off from above the worktop.

Of course you can!

It may be advisable to have an isolation switch, depending on the use of the socket, but there's no reg. to say you must have one.

Sponsored Links
Look at it this way -you haven't tiled the walls yet that's cunning !

Call an electrican and get a price for the work, it may not be too expensive. :D

DS

Look at it this way -you haven't tiled the walls yet that's cunning !

Call an electrican and get a price for the work, it may not be too expensive. :D

DS
yeah right! New cu will be required, bonding, and god knows what in the kitchen.

However if your intending spending money on a new cu it's an excellent time to do it.

Sponsored Links
Ring Final (circuit) - more commonly described as just 'ring' or 'ring circuit'.
...but for some inexplicable reason not a Radial Final (circuit) or 'radial' or 'radial circuit'.
Quite so - which is why you will never (I hope!) catch me using the abbreviation 'RFC' - which, as far as I am concerned, is just too ambiguous!

Kind Regards, John

Thanks all for you replies and help.

I'll leave it as it is for now and get an electrician in in a few weeks time.

Thanks.

You could fit a 32a switch in place on the exiting socket and move the socket below the worktop. The socket would be controlled by the switch, this would comply with regs.
Which regulation requires such a switch?

I don't think dead was suggesting a switch was required to meet the regs, however you may as well fit one considering there is a hole in the wall and something required to join the cables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back