Moving a toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
C8f57RY

I'm hoping to move a toilet about 1m further along the same outside wall.

Unfortunately the place where the waste would ideally go through the outside wall is right in the middle of a brick arch (over the window downstairs) and I'm keen not to drill a big hole in it.

Is it sensible to have a couple of 90deg bends to travel that 1m internally (as in my sketch), or is it a bad idea to have two horizontal bends like that, particularly indoors?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question. I've not done this before!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Move toilet.jpg
    Move toilet.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 303
Sponsored Links
I think you need what I would call a 'swept or sweeping' bend. I know I had to do that once but it was underground.

Your bottom sketch is a fairly standard setup. If you've got room for a long radius bend there it'll improve flow but if not don't worry about it, that near the loo long as the falls are right you'll be fine

.Putting bends in will push the toilet further into the room if space is at a premium and if close coupled, cistern could need a spacer?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You'll have a bent pan connector - then a fall on the pipe - then a normal radius bend that you can bury in the wall so the pipe runs paralell to the wall . Then straight through into the soil pipe branch - you could get one with a rodding access on the back if you wanted;) Flo plast sp502 from screwfix

You'll have a bent pan connector - then a fall on the pipe - then a normal radius bend that you can bury in the wall so the pipe runs paralell to the wall . Then straight through into the soil pipe branch - you could get one with a rodding access on the back if you wanted;) Flo plast sp502 from screwfix

Thanks, that's helpful - I've found the 'McAlpine 110mm 90° Space Saving Bend Adjustable Length Rigid WC Connector' which I thought would be ideal. I emailed them though and they said it couldn't be used horizontally, but I don't see why not - do you think that would be ok?

Thanks!

I have to agree with them:notworthy: it's restrictive but used vertically , gravity is on your side. I would use a Mc Alpine MAC 8 90 degree connector

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back