Moving Cooker Control Unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently fitting a new kitchen and it turns out I'll need to move the existing CCU another 18", but I'm unsure as to how best do this.

Can anyone advise? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Can you not just replace the cable from the cooker switch to the ccu - one less jb?
Sometimes your lucky and the there is a bit of room under the backbox.
Once below the kitchen worktop it doesn't matter whether its buried or surface mounted.

Can you not just replace the cable from the cooker switch to the ccu - one less jb?
Sometimes your lucky and the there is a bit of room under the backbox.
Once below the kitchen worktop it doesn't matter whether its buried or surface mounted.

The cable's been buried from the original fit-out, are you suggesting pulling the cable out and reinserting it with additional length (assuming it's been covered in capping), or breaking the plaster first?

Edit: I can't do that as there are two feeds within the CCU, one from the CO and the other from the CU. That means a JB must be the only practical option.. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back