Repositioning control unit

Bu*ger, i could be showing some lack of understanding but would it make a difference if their sources were split between 2 outlets - make 2 spurs?
Unfortunately there's no gas in the area nope

Sponsored Links
Nah - I'm not the one pursuing a pathetic and childish personal vendetta from topic to topic, repeatedly accusing someone (without ever being able to justify it of course) of being a bully, or mentally ill, etc.

1. I don't pursue you, when another comments I just draw to their attention the facts about you.

2. I have tried to explain to you why you are a bully, (once) but like most bullies, you choose not to accept that you are one.

3. You have been banned from another/other forums for the same thing. Fact.

ah right still going on i see - BAS hasn't been so bad, but who's numbers are right ?
as i haven't much of a clue where any of them are coming from

Sponsored Links
I’ve looked up the manual of the built in oven I was thinking off (max draw 2250w-2400w
Is that over a range of 220-240V, or 230-240?

I’ve looked up the hobs usage and with all of them on its 6200w
At what voltage?

These factors affect how much current the appliances draw, and therefore what figures should be used in the diversity calculation. Which JPB got wrong, affecting the result quite significantly. The factors above don't actually matter much - if we assume that the hob is 6.3kW at 230V, and the oven is 2.3kW, the answer comes out at 18.2A.

Cooker diversity is 10 Amps plus 30 % of the total demand, I used to use BAS formulae but it is very clear HE IS WRONG please refer to the OSG Page 97 that it is10A+30% of full load.

As BAS states it is a significant difference, easy mistake as it is the typical wording of the OSG and reading skills are required

Cooker diversity is 10 Amps plus 30 % of the total demand, I used to use BAS formulae but it is very clear in the OSG Page 97 that it is10A+30% of full load.

As BAS states it is a significant difference, hence I was pulled up on this, easy mistake as it is the typical wording of the OSG

I am not a whizz on the pc so cannot provide a link to the 7671 which is what I tend to use rather than an electrical wholesalers page!

I do wonder about the coments previously made about my incompetence, how many cooker circuits have you wrongly installed Mr armchair sparky?

Sorry Matt, easily distracted!

I personally wouldnt do it, it will cause significant load on one side of the ring and with that amount plus a kettle, toaster and microwave could cause problems.

Sorry mate looks like back to square 1!

Cooker diversity is 10 Amps plus 30 % of the total demand, I used to use BAS formulae but it is very clear in the OSG Page 97 that it is10A+30% of full load.
And equally clear on page 96 that it's 10A + 30% of the remainder.

Which is the only calculation I've ever seen used, here, on other fora and in books, including the worked examples in this:

As BAS states it is a significant difference, hence I was pulled up on this, easy mistake as it is the typical wording of the OSG
But you're right - OSG Table 1B says something different to Table 1A, just as it did in the 16th one. I'd never noticed, nor have I ever seen it mentioned anywhere.

:confused:

Perhaps someone who is an IET member could ask about it on their forum?

BUGGER........As you say, contradicts itself from one page to the next!

BOTH RIGHT??????

I am not a whizz on the pc so cannot provide a link to the 7671
Is it in there?

which is what I tend to use rather than an electrical wholesalers page!
That wholesaler is actually hosting a copy of a respected guide to the Wiring Regulations.

I do wonder about the coments previously made about my incompetence,
I said you got it wrong, not that you were incompetent.

On balance I still believe you have. It comes down to which table in the OSG you think is right, and which wrong, and on balance I think 1A is right and 1B is wrong because of the sheer weight of opinion in favour of 1A, not 1B.

how many cooker circuits have you wrongly installed
As well as the OSG, and Paul Cook's books, you'll find the same 10A + 30% of the remainder in GN1, Whitfield, the Amicus guide to the regulations, NICEIC's Domestic Electrical Installation Guide.....

Mr armchair sparky?
Uncalled for.

1. I don't pursue you, when another comments I just draw to their attention the facts about you.
It's not a fact, it's a fantasy of yours for which you can provide no rational justification whatsoever. And now I see you've decided to say I'm mentally ill. Are you a qualified psychiatrist?

2. I have tried to explain to you why you are a bully, (once) but like most bullies, you choose not to accept that you are one.
Oh - I see - because I don't accept the truth of your allegations they must be true. That makes sense. :rolleyes:

3. You have been banned from another/other forums for the same thing. Fact.
Falsehood.

again excuse my lack of understanding but are we talking about what the 13amp’d spur can handle, in which case if I did 2 amp’d spurs that would be okay

Sorry Matt, easily distracted!

I personally wouldnt do it, it will cause significant load on one side of the ring and with that amount plus a kettle, toaster and microwave could cause problems.

Sorry mate looks like back to square 1!

This one got lost further up as it answers your question, I can only see the original plan working.

6mm2 will be fine, 10mm ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back