Repositioning control unit

thanks for the final word JBP
I've talked to a few sparkies today and none of them seem opposed to cutting and using a 45 amp jb to extend the original cooker circuit cable - is this 100% dodgy?
They all can certify their work so in theory it cant be, can it?

Sponsored Links
I've talked to a few sparkies today and none of them seem opposed to cutting and using a 45 amp jb to extend the original cooker circuit cable - is this 100% dodgy?
As has already been suggested, the cable should be replaced. Sometimes this isn't practical or economical and so a junction box could be used. As you're wanting this to be completed on a budget this may be their only option.

However, the junction box must be accessible. There is no way around this if you are going to use one. No hiding under floorboards or in walls etc...

yeah, see this is the thing - they know it'll be boarded over but still they have no reservations about it, is this uncertifiable work then ?

Matt,

If your planning to move on soon and these guys will carry out the work you want in the way you want it and issue a certificate and inform LABC do it.

You have hired a registered 'competent' person how are you suposed to know what meets 7671 and what doesnt?

That is why you employed an 'expert' It should matter not to you where the JB has been put.

Again, I wouldnt do it in a customers house as it really is a bit of a bodge on a relativly high current circuit.

Just double check that they are going to issue a certificate and notify building control.

Sponsored Links
they can go under floors without needing to be accessible? thanks for suggestion

they can go under floors without needing to be accessible? thanks for suggestion

err - that's what I suggested in the very first answer to your original post! OK, I said "appropriate enclosure" assuming your electrician would know what that was :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back