Moving toilet / soil pipe connection issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to move the toilet in my bathroom 12-18 inches to the left of where it currently sits, this is along the same wall.

The soil pipe comes out of the wall and at the moment the toilet is a p trap type which has a straight pan connector to the soil pipe.

It looks like the easiest way to do this would be to put a 90° elbow on the soil pipe, shortish length of pipe and a 90° pan connector to the back of the toilet.

I realise that i might have to raise the toilet on a plinth to create a drop and more than likely have to box the pipework / create a false back as the cistern will be further away from the wall to cater for the pipework.

I've attached an image to show what's going on,

So, my question is will the two 90° bends create potential for blockages?

Does this sound like a reasonable solution?

Thanks, Mark

Sponsored Links
better if you can go straight throuigh wall using aswept 90 burried partly in wall angle down slightly to new branch in stink pipe lower than previous one.

I've got a problem connecting to the outside soil pipe as the outside wall has a lean to extension, the soil pipe goes through the roof void of this lean to and is difficult to get to.

I'm not sure what a aswept 90 is ? is this one of the curved 90 connectors I've seen?

If you use a 90deg pan connector for the bend at rear of toilet, then put an access bend where it goes through the wall, (with an access panel if boxed in!), then should be ok over that small distance, providing you can achieve a sensible fall on the pipe.

Sponsored Links
I've got a problem connecting to the outside soil pipe as the outside wall has a lean to extension, the soil pipe goes through the roof void of this lean to and is difficult to get to.

I'm not sure what a aswept 90 is ? is this one of the curved 90 connectors I've seen?

YEs it is not a tight one like a pan conector is tight.

There always are problems of access and so on with the jobs we get aswel, you are not alone.

The other poster has given you some good advise. You have to balance what might be best out of the two options knowing your situation more exaclty than us and decide which way to go. I know that doing the work internally is much easier, but is it possible to change a few things outside and do the job better?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back