MP dodges TAX

The fact that AR might at most have a modest cgt liability of several thousand pounds compared to the former chancellor’s complex tax avoidance scheme involving millions says it all about the difference between the toreys and labour.
Tax avoidance is legal tax evasion is illegal

Sponsored Links
and the difference between 'avoidance' and 'evasion' is...?
what bit of legal illegal are you struggling with , whether its moral is another thing .
But every self employed person uses tax avoidance to some extent by claiming for various allowable things

Sponsored Links
what bit of legal illegal are you struggling with , whether its moral is another thing .
But every self employed person uses tax avoidance to some extent by claiming for various allowable things
the grey area between avoidance and evasion. You know, the bit where you claim for a sandwich and a cuppa tea. or a new duck pond. Make it simpler, sez I.

the grey area between avoidance and evasion. You know, the bit where you claim for a sandwich and a cuppa tea. or a new duck pond. Make it simpler, sez I.
yep and thats were the morality about it comes in , not everyone actually has a sandwhich with their tea ;)

yep and thats were the morality about it comes in , not everyone actually has a sandwhich with their tea ;)
but witch sandwhich would a gasman scoff compared to the corporate cat? It's one thing to have a cheese sarnie on the A6 going north to a fancy foie gras spread in a London club with a bottle of aged port to wash it down. Is it the amount of tax or the structure set in place that causes a moral dilemma to how the matter of avoidance is perceived?

isnt it lucky for the very wealthy that they can donate to the Conservative party to influence policy to make sure tax rules enables tax avoidance

I wonder why billionaire newspaper owners spread Conservative propaganda....

gas112 is upset because he cant get his copper scrap paid in cash anymore

it used to be a decent grand a year for plumbers

It’s an actually not relevant. The issue is getting married. Tax man assumes two people getting married want to live together and the rules are set appropriately.
I know of a few couples where both did have houses before they married. Never asked but would guess both were used on occasions before marriage. At some point one or both got sold. Any change like that takes time, None had any tax to pay that I am aware of.

In anycase the situation I mentioned changed the tax factors used rather than avoiding it.

isnt it lucky for the very wealthy that they can donate to the Conservative party to influence policy to make sure tax rules enables tax avoidance

I wonder why billionaire newspaper owners spread Conservative propaganda....
...and then print stories about a Labour mp doing this or that for a petty amount in comparison to the huge sums of money spaffed up by their Tory chums. A cosy system.

gas112 is upset because he cant get his copper scrap paid in cash anymore

it used to be a decent grand a year for plumbers
a grand a year deary deary me i wouldnt get out my bed for only a grand a year in scrap and dont judge others by your own morals . Because your first thought is to fiddle its not everyones . Regardless of cash or direct payment into bank there is a paper trail .

Tax avoidance is legal tax evasion is illegal
It’s almost impossible to prosecute for tax evasion because of the legal defences that have put in place over the years. Zahadi accepted he had not paid tax by making a deal with hmrc, AR has simply said she didn’t break the law. That’s the difference.

Sponsored Links
Back