MP Mark Field accused of assaulting Greenpeace activist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh give me fking strength, these people gatecrash a private engagement and before a security guard does the same he reacts and marches one out.

And here goes the opposition shouting for him to resign. Either way if that was Tories kicking up a storm in a teacup would be equally pathetic.

So now we (men amongst us) can't touch women at all no matter what they do?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48714864

Greenpeace has accused Foreign Office minister Mark Field of assault, after he pushed a female activist out of a black-tie City event.

Mr Field claimed he reacted "instinctively" and has referred himself to the Cabinet Office for an investigation.

He also apologised to the woman for "grabbing her" - but said he was worried she may have been armed.

The Tory MP has been widely criticised, but some people defended his actions.

Thursday night's incident - which was filmed - happened after climate change protesters disrupted the beginning of Chancellor Philip Hammond's annual Mansion House speech to the City about the state of the UK economy.

Dozens of activists - dressed in suits, red dresses and sashes - "gatecrashed" the dinner, according to Greenpeace, and refused to leave.

Video footage shows Mr Field getting out of his seat and stopping one female protester by pushing her against a column and then marching her out of the room.

City of London Police said: "We have had a number of third-party reports of a possible assault. These are being looked into."

Sponsored Links
He is lying, he wasnt worried about them being armed.

I think he was annoyed, probably on behalf of the organisers and speakers -because they were spoiling a black tie do.

I just dont think it was the place or time to demonstrate.

He was a bit rough, but if you interupt somebodies evening, I think you should expect somebody to be peed off.

Should he resign: No.

Calls for resignation from Labour are just a bit political posturing.

He probably thought he wasn't on camera.

Yaxley-Lennon's the same. "If the camera's not there, f***ing punch the geezers round the 'ead"

https://twitter.com/saffiya_khan1/status/1101993450088681473

We only know about the times that get recorded.

In some countries it is a criminal offence to photograph a soldier beating people up, to avoid this kind of exposure.

If somebody says something you don't like, punch them in the head, preferably from behind while they're walking away, says Tommy.

Freedom of speech? Only for fascists.

0_Tommy-Robinson.jpg

0_Tommy-Robinson-video.jpg

Sponsored Links
There is more left wing violence Europe wide than right wing. Anyway, I am more interested in what was concealed under her dress

Prescott would have been less subtle.

Thankyou Wobs, that knobber who pelted 2Jags with eggs was asking for it, a little bit of an over reaction but still i would never and still wouldn't of demanded he stood down from anything. He didn't deserve to be pelted for all he knew that was the first of many acid attacks.

He's a cretin. No reaction when a comedian approached May or when that man protested on stage at a recent Tory event.

The lady posed no threat and Field was being a **** as usual. It's par the course for most Torys these days. If that was Grieve or Clarke they wouldn't have reacted like that.

There is more left wing violence Europe wide than right wing. Anyway, I am more interested in what was concealed under her dress

Is there - is there a report for that or evidence or just what you think?

He probably thought he wasn't on camera.

Yaxley-Lennon's the same. "If the camera's not there, f***ing punch the geezers round the 'ead

Theres a surprise, JohnD conflating a Tory MP with Tommy Robinson.

Typical political point scoring, no attempt to discuss the matter, just accusing the MP of being a facist.

I wonder if there are any people who are not violent and bad tempered, who can keep calm?

Yes, there are

I wonder if there are any people who are not violent and bad tempered, who can keep calm?

Yes, there are

True but he's a gimp and as prime minister i would expect a bit more of a reaction. Just like Theresa May and that comedian, i would of stopped and said 'Excuse me clowns were not invited to this event...now leave before i throw you out myself' Something with a bit of authority, which is what this country lacks at times, someone with a backbone not afraid of what offence may be caused (ok maybe not 2Jags style).

And talking of Miliband had that been David campaigning as Labour leader we could well be sitting with a Labour government today (not that id like it much but he's way more credible than that gimp)

Sponsored Links
Back