Multi zone Hive installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Hoping for some advice here on installing two Hive receivers to my Logic 35 Combi boiler.

I have explored the existing Hive threads but my setup seems a little bit more involved. I currently have two zones in a new build house, one downstairs and the other upstairs.
Here is where I think I the receivers need to be installed as there are two sets of each wire, any advice on which wires go where on the Hive receiver?

329619-CD-9-BB1-44-A3-AA98-4289-F934-C83-A.jpg

Or do I install it where my timer currently sits?

903-DAA7-E-6-A69-40-F6-86-AC-2339908-CBA45.jpg

I may reach out to a qualified electrician for this, but thought it was worth asking first as I would like to do it myself if possible.

Sponsored Links
What actually is the device you shown a photo of and called a 'timer' (ie specific model.) If it's a programmable thermostat (timer and thermostat combined) and you have two, one for each zone then the Hive replaces them as below. If it is just a timer and you have separate thermostats elsewhere post back details of them.

Assuming it is a programmable thermostat and you have two of them, one for each zone, the wires you need can be found at each one. They should be re-wired to a Single Channel Hive receiver. You can install the receivers where the thermostats currently are or extend / shorten the wires and move them to a new location if required:

Grey wire with blue sleeve in N = Hive N
Brown wire in L = Hive L
Black wire with Brown Sleeve in NO = Hive (3) Heating on
Put the Brown link wire between Hive (L) and Common (1) terminals

Repeat for the second thermostat & that's it. [Assuming the wires in the other thermostat are the same]

Last edited:
What actually is the device you shown a photo of ie specific model. If it's a programmable thermostat and you have two, then the Hive replaces them as follows:

The wires you need can be found at each existing thermostat. They should be re-wired to a Single Channel Hive receiver. You can install the receivers where the thermostats currently are or extend / shorten the wires and move them to a new location if required:

Grey wire with blue sleeve in N = Hive N
Brown wire in L = Hive L
Black wire with Brown Sleeve in NO = Hive (3) Heating on
Put the Brown link wire between Hive (L) and Common (1) terminals

Repeat for the second thermostat & that's it. [Assuming the wires in the other thermostat are the same]

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/multi-zone-hive-installation.534332/#ixzz66gJmzuo0

The model of both thermostats is Danfoss TP5000.

Thank you so much for this, it’s really helpful. Doesn’t sound too difficult at all so I will give it a go myself this weekend!

Last edited:
I realised after I had posted, you called it a 'timer' and not a thermostat, so I have edited my first post slightly, in case it was just a 'timer' and you have thermostats elsewhere. As you've just called it a 'thermostat' you can ignore the changes.

Sponsored Links
I realised after I had posted, you called it a 'timer' and not a thermostat, so I have edited my first post slightly, in case it was just a 'timer' and you have thermostats elsewhere. As you've just called it a 'thermostat' you can ignore the changes.

Sorry for the confusion, thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back