Multiple Timed light switches?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been tasked with replacing the lighting in my appartment hallway.
We have decided to change the existing switches (think there must be 3w and 4w switches), with some timed switches, either the pneumatic type, or push button type.
Only problem I can forsee is that currently there are four switches, so will I need particular types? If so can you recomend any?
Many thanks
E

Sponsored Links
no such thing as 3 way or 4 way switches.

what is the load that wil be switched?

other thing is, as its a comunial hall, are you insured to do this job?

Will probably get an electrician to fit the switches and some new lights, but trying to source the switches and lights before hand.
It is communal, so they need a switch outside each flat to switch on the same circuit.

oh.

well you cant get the switches untill you know what the load is going to be (incase the switches you get are too small)

how many lights are there?

That is places to put a light, not how many lamps

Sponsored Links
There are a number of ways this can be done, the simplest being a pneumatic switch at each point. If you are going to be using an electrician then you may as well leave it up to him to get them.

Two lights, currently they have some traditional flourescent tubes, obviously done a while ago! Want some more contemporary ones now.

Thanks,
Never realised that, seen them on stairways a lot,so wrongly assumed they did make them :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back