Multitool blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having destroyed my multitool blades on concrete yesterday I went to buy some new ones when I was ay B&Q. Christ they are expensive! Looking online, I could probably get a 50 piece set for the price of two blades at B&Q but I can only imagine the quality. Can anyone recommend some mid range reasonably priced ones bearing in mind they will only be for occasional use and never again on concrete!

Sponsored Links
For occasional use i would say just go on ebay and buy the 50 for 20 quid set or even 20 for 7 quid odd. If you are only cutting timber they would do you a couple of years with occasional use and B & Q, Screwfix, Toolstation etc are all overpriced on these items.

Having destroyed my multitool blades on concrete yesterday I went to buy some new ones when I was ay B&Q. Christ they are expensive! Looking online, I could probably get a 50 piece set for the price of two blades at B&Q but I can only imagine the quality. Can anyone recommend some mid range reasonably priced ones bearing in mind they will only be for occasional use and never again on concrete!
People often say 'you get what you pay for' which I generally disagree with, but for the multi-tool blades you have to buy branded or they only last 5 minutes, particularly if you're going anywhere near any nails. I have the Makita LXT multi-tool but I always buy Bosch blades which seemed to work out cheaper than Makita, even as an infrequent user I got fed up with the cheap ones.

Sponsored Links
saxton tools are my goto for blades

Just a DIYer , but i have found their blades last and perform a lot better then any branded i have purchased

What multitool blades cut concrete? :unsure:
These, apparently...

I haven't used them, but I have used tungsten carbide grout removal blades for the odd bit of chasing.

Last edited:
I believe you can get multi tool blade sharpeners its an abrasive drum that you attach to a drill and has grooves in it to match the teath on the blade.

These, apparently...

I haven't used them, but I have used tungsten carbide grout removal blades for the odd bit of chasing.
"Mortar Buster"! I'm buying a job lot just on the strength of that name.

I recall back in the day using a T/C grout blade to try and cut a chase in plaster, and it was crap. So I've always used a worn wood blade since, but they don't last long. So I wonder if that blade could be a "Plaster Buster" too.

You can cut grout, or a chase, or a tile, or do small work with the gritted blades, but "concrete" is going to wear out those little blades in no time.

For plaster, the half round blades last longer as you can roll the blade as you work.

I buy from Saxton, too.

None, apparently! They were cutting fine through the Celcon blocks that were plastered over and then I struck concrete and just pushed harder!

I was asking my mate the builder this morning and he said they’re all sh'it if you abuse them and he just buys the cheapo packs of 20 from Amazon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back