My 1000 square foot extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I decided to extend my house myself, from drawing the plans all the way to the painting.
I'm on the home straight now and thought I'd start a thread about my journey.

Pictures to follow...

Sponsored Links
After much deliberation, plus remembering I'd already done some blogging and not wanting to re-host the pictures I have just added a link here to my project, it displays in blog format, newest post first.

I'll try and make it more readable at some point but this is what we're doing

http://christianfrench.co.uk/my-blog/page/2/

Keep it coming. I too am doing an extension from scratch by myself. Interested in seeing your further progress.

Sponsored Links
Interesting build. I like you am doing a blog on my own project and hate the way that blogs are in reverse order because it makes reading them a complete pain in the backside and if most people are like me you just get fed up with having to scroll up and down constantly to read it in order.
What I have done with mine though is to edit the actual blog date so as to force them to appear with the newest at the top. For example my first post is dated 31st December 2000 and then my next one is 29th December 2000. I then include in the first line of the text I type the actual date so as its known when it was actually typed. That way when you go to the blog page you start at the top and just read down normally.
Hope this helps :)
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back