My Boss asked if the cables could last a few more days...!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just some prime examples of what overheating and poor cooling can achieve... and to top it off my boss and his short arms deep pockets motive asked if they could last bit longer as the budget was bit low...

Sponsored Links
what sort of cable, and what did it feed?

it "was" a 16mm cable that tailed from the 440v bus bar to the switch for a 3 phase induction fan that we use to induce airflow around our site.

Sponsored Links
Looks more like a loose connection to me or a hot busbar with inappropriate insulation on the cable.

if you look carefully you can see where it melted to the other cable at the back..

the cabinet is v.hot inside and it don't help that our cooling system has been trout for last 9 months.... (we leave it ajar with a portable air con system blowing air in that direction.)

no the terminals were very tight and secure and the insulation crumbled away near the connection when i removed it. however the bit further up was already gone.

im not really that fussed what caused it as a dam good fire would really sort the inapt "cost cutting" management out! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back