"My dog wouldn't hurt a fly....."

My son as a staffy its the softest dog i've ever me met.

also my daughter as a english bull terrier and two children and the dogs a saint,

Got an english bull and a staff , had english bulls all my life , a dog is only as good as it's owner , simples.

Sponsored Links
think of a midget with ginger hair....

Rockweilers but half the size?

Is a Rockweiler the same as a Rottweiler?

Surely, it makes sense for all dogs that are out and about in public places, to be muzzled?

For instance, leaving a dog tied up and unattended outside a shop is highly irresponsible. Any number of unsuspecting children could walk up to the animal and get bitten.

The analogy that they would not make the screens for dangerous animal enclosures in zoos big enough for a childs fist to fit through, applies with any animal that bites.

A child will put their hands through regardless of what is on the other side.

So why should owners of dogs be allowed to be so blazé?

The wellbeing of any child far outweighs that of doggy comfort.

perhaps what is needed is the reintroduction of a dog license,but tagged with 3rd party insurance.
aslong as it is kept at a realistic cost.

Sponsored Links
Might get compensation for the poor sods ravaged from a so called " nice doggy".

And a ban for life on the person in charge of it from owning one again.

Might get compensation for the poor s***s ravaged from a so called " nice doggy".

You can still do that under the cica
Then they still need to prove other things before a claim is agreed.

Stupid i know but i do agree with you on insurance and i wouldn't never be without it.

And a ban for life on the person in charge of it from owning one again.

Then again so many things need to be proved before that can be put in place.

What needs to be proven?

The dog is a "badge" photos can prove that.
Taken out without a muzzle, again above.
Allowed to fight, see above.
Bad with .....................

You can get the drift I hope. The insurance ( compulsory database, self paid for and non profit) company could prove the above and get the relevant court orders.

Then again forget it, the government isnt going to have it, as they want the "English Pet" votes and the prisons are full of parking ticket offenders.
The other crims and illegals (immigrants ) are out doing what they want anyway.

"wipes monitor, its screens snoty"

Claims for dog attacks will consider whether an owner failed to control or restrain their dog in the lead up to the attack, and whether the dog had previously shown a pattern of similarly dangerous behaviour. If the latter is true the owner may be liable for damage caused by a dog regardless of whether their actions were responsible for the incident.

As for taken out without muzzle - not law so that won't get no where.

Claims for dog attacks will consider whether an owner failed to control or restrain their dog in the lead up to the attack, and whether the dog had previously shown a pattern of similarly dangerous behaviour. If the latter is true the owner may be liable for damage caused by a dog regardless of whether their actions were responsible for the incident.

As for taken out without muzzle - not law so that won't get no where.
We've been through this before - you obviously seem to take care and attention over your own pet and presumably try to empathise (for want of a better word) with him/her/them to try to understand what makes it tick and thus keep things calm and friendly. You know that I just don't "get" dog ownership and we can argue and disagree 'til the cows come home to no avail.

But seriously, doesn't it pee you off when you hear stories of animal mutilating humans. And doesn't it ever concern you that your own dog might just do the same?

But seriously, doesn't it pee you off when you hear stories of animal mutilating humans.

Yes it does and it annoys me more when you/i can see a problem in a dogs
behaviour long before a incident occurs but telling people is like your insulting them.
I get it nearly everyday and i get sick of people you try to tell.

I totally agree on laws etc need to be brought up todate etc.

And doesn't it ever concern you that your own dog might just do the same?

Yes/no

Yes in that any dog can flip at anytime ie even due to a medical condition
such as a brain tumour that can come on at anytime.

No in that the amount of training she's had and is still carried out on a daily basis not just the first few months that many dog owners do when getting a new pup.
No in that i will only let certain adults/children that i feel are the right people ie not excited or a threat stroke her and in the way i tell them to.
No in that she was trained to deal with anything that maybe a threat to her
she won't approach she will just bark until i take control of the situation.

I disagree, many "calm family" pets have turned.
Even with the best training going.

I disagree, many "calm family" pets have turned.
Even with the best training going.

Rubbish whats that £100 spend over the first month with a trainer then self taught indoors. That isn't training.
Many of these dog training schools are perfetic 1 hour class with 10 dogs being taught, sit, stay, fetch :rolleyes:

9/10 behaviour issues stem from the house not the outside world.

A calm dog don't make it a perfect dog theres more to it.

There has been enough of a few different breeds to prove it is fact.
Labby`s for instance, supposed the best with children still go "mad"

Lets forget the lap dogs shall we? Poodles? Such like, never going to be trained no matter what you pay and or time taken.
Too inbred to be able to do more than dribble and breed (* bit like some on here, not you BTW).

Then have we forgotten the babies smothered by cats each year, conveniently covered by cot death.

How could you test your theory though Seco.???

A dog will only fail when it's eaten half a child.?

How could you test your theory though Seco.???

A dog will only fail when it's eaten half a child.?

And that is a risk that should not be allowed.

A friend insists his staffy is safe with his newborn.
Yet his first born died ( I know not dog related) 4 hours after birth. That is so sad, really.
But after that would you not take EVERY chance to ensure NOTHING happened to the next?

It seems some dog owners are too narrow minded.
You dont see guard cats.
Guard sheep.
Guard cows.

There is a reason things with sharp teeth and limited minds are trained to attack.................sorry have their inherent feelings brought out, and that is because they kill and eat things that are smaller.

Someone mentioned the "pack" mentality and most owners allow their dogs to sit on the couch, eat off their plates, and growl at them without admonishing them.

Surprised it does not happen more often really.

Sponsored Links
Back