"My dog wouldn't hurt a fly....."

There has been enough of a few different breeds to prove it is fact.
Labby`s for instance, supposed the best with children still go "mad"

Yes and that has been know to be taken for granted.
Labs are a soft mouth dog but as in many cases if their training is consistant
and the mind is occupied not just a walk round the block they can be a very loving dog.
Alway willing to learn. Very few are treated this way.

Sponsored Links
Someone mentioned the "pack" mentality and most owners allow their dogs to sit on the couch, eat off their plates, and growl at them without admonishing them.

Surprised it does not happen more often really.

Quite right totally agree
A dog in it's own enviroment/pack is very layed back animal bring them into our world without boundarys/limitations they are a stressed animal.

So if a dog was trained under expert tuition, would YOU trust that dog alone in a room with your tiny son/daughter or grandchild.

Simple question.

How could you test your theory though Seco.???

I test my theory everyday.

A dog will only fail when it's eaten half a child.?

Then people are failing to see the signs the dog is giving off.
A dog will never go straight in for an attack without giving of signs first.
And poeple lack the basic knowledge of the symptoms.

Easy really.

Sponsored Links
To be totally honest I believe a "Hienz 57" is a better dog to have in the home. Rather than an inbred highly strung neurotic bag of teeth.

And please remember this, I grew up with Labradors and Jack Russel's and love them to death. But when getting married and both of us working as well as having two sons we decided no dogs in the place.

Now things are a few years on I really am considering taking in a dog ( best m8ts daughter volunteers for a dogs charity) but I am still not sure I can give it the attention it needs. Even with a pretty good garden for London.
She has 5 now but lives a little further out and has more space.

So please do not think I am against dogs. I bloody love them.

So if a dog was trained under expert tuition, would YOU trust that dog alone in a room with your tiny son/daughter or grandchild.

Simple question.

I never leave my own dog in a room on it's own with children not because of the dog but because i know children don't understand boundarys/limitations with the dog.

Let alone a dog i don't know.

Simple question.

I never leave my own dog in a room on it's own with children not because of the dog but because i know children don't understand boundarys/limitations with the dog.

It's a No then. ;)
Even with your expert tuition you wouldn't trust the outcome would be good.
I'm not having a pop seco, i'm just trying to understand your logic.

It's a No then. ;)
Even with your expert tuition you wouldn't trust the outcome would be good.
I'm not having a pop seco, i'm just trying to understand your logic.

No as i say i would be more worried what the childs more likely to do as they like to explore and get very excited around dogs and thats not a good sign.
Screaming, jumping around and waving your hands around a dog isn't a good mix.
As with my dog i fight with her but then i can control her and know when to stop.

No as i say i would be more worried what the childs more likely to do as they like to explore and get very excited around dogs and thats not a good sign.
Screaming, jumping around and waving your hands around a dog isn't a good mix.

Blaming the kids :LOL: ;)

Not blaming kids just saying they are to young to really understand a dogs mind.
Whats the first thing that kids love with a dog tucking it's tail even i don't take that route.

Blaming the kids :LOL: ;)

Not as such, but they can take things to the extreme.

Ever been asleep and had your balls crushed as your eyelid is peeled back and a finger poked into your eye to see if your awake?

Bless the ikkle bastids xxxxxxxxxxx

There is a reason things with sharp teeth and limited minds are trained to attack

limited minds,mmmm think you will find a dog is very highly intelligent.

before we got our old gsd,we went to various rescue places and were told that because we had a child under the age of 7 they would not under any circumstances rehouse a dog.because of the potential problem young children have with dogs.i:e not knowing boundries,lets say poking a dog etc.
my argument to that is how is a child meant to gain experiance without learning the boundries,

last night walking my gsd,came round a corner to be met by a young lad about 10,walking a few metres in front of 3 woman,1 pushing a pram.
the lad calmly said may he stroke my dog,i waited until the woman got close and told my dog to sit,said to the lad listen to my instructions,introduced them to one another and within seconds my dog is being fussed by not only the young man but by all the woman,my dog was loving the attention and the group praised my dog for being well behaved.
now i did praise the lad for showing common sense and respect by asking my permmission before just trying to stroke her.if only more were like that.

A dogs sense of smell is said to a thousand times greater than a humans.
They can sniff out lung cancer before a doctor can diagnose it.

Sponsored Links
Back