My Ferroli boiler keeps switching off- help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Any suggestions as how to solve this issue would be very much appreciated!

I had a Ferroli Optimax Plus C boiler installed 3 months ago and recently it has been cutting out when I have the heating on, and showing fault code A4, and, more recently, fault code FH. I have rectified this by manually switching the boiler off and resetting it, but I am concerned this isn't healthy for the boiler, and also, it's a complete pain having to do this every couple of hours. The boiler replaced a 35 year old gloworm that was basically condemned (we moved into a house which needs a LOT of work on it!), and whilst some of the pipework was replaced when the new boiler was put it, some of the pipes are still the old ones. We have had a few issues with some of the radiators not heating up as well as others too, but I suspect this is rather more to do with the pipes than the boiler, but please do let me know if you think this is not the case!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions of what may be wrong? I am loathe to get a tech out if it is something that is easily solved by myself (or my father in law!), and am starting to get royally ticked off with it! PLEASE, anyone who has any ideas let me know!!!

Thanks a million!

Sponsored Links
First you should get the installer back to rectify any fault,if it,s a boiler fault then he should get the Manufacturer to resolve any issues,you do have a warrentee don,t you :?:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back