My first go at a new shed

Well just a quick update.
The frame is 99% done for the walls, getting the timber for the roof & to finish the stud work both sides of the door frame today, & I've started the cladding.

031.jpg

030-2.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

Sponsored Links
looking good :)

is that a 2 storey shed, looks mahussive.

hows the price stacking up against buying a ready made one?

Rob

If that fence is 6 feet high, are you still within the 2.5 metre height when you've got your roof on?
It's nowt to do with me, though.

measuring on the screen the fence it around 6.5" it looks like 6 foot plus 6" gravel board if this is the case its 10ft/3m high without any roof on

it would have to be 20% smaller to get below the 2.5m so the fence would need to be less than 5ft total[57"]

also if we assume the darker red board is level with the fence so that's 11 boards at 88mm coverage gives 968mm or 38" on top off 78 = 116"or exactly 3m including the 15-25mm for the roof :cry:

looking good :)

is that a 2 storey shed, looks mahussive.

hows the price stacking up against buying a ready made one?

Rob

Cost wise I've been really lucky, the base cost around £50 from a wood recycling yard & the framing timber I got off a mate who's boss ordered 4x2 instead of 4x1 so he sold it to me for £100 & the best bit of all is the cladding is free as there is a company near me that makes summer houses, sheds etc & they let you have their waste wood for free, so far then it's cost me around £200 if you add in the price for screws etc.

Sponsored Links
as keymec is choosing to ignore or not realising :D :D
here is the relivent passage from the planning portals-interactive house

this is so others reading this thread will realise its 2.5m high max

"Maximum height of 2.5 metres in the case of a building, enclosure or container within two metres of a boundary of the curtilage of the dwellinghouse."

curtilage means the boundary or fence

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/permission/commonprojects/outbuildings

third dot down
:rolleyes:

Yep fence is 6.6 high, if I'm told to lower it I can drop it down a foot or so

we are in the middle of nowhere there is only 16 houses in our close & I did ask all of them it would cause a problem & they all said no.

sorry about that :D

sometimes we seem to bring up daft or pointless questions or points
this is often because there is insufficient detail
or we believe you may not be aware off relevant points or regs
or others reading the thread would gain from further added details not nessiserily directly connected to your question but helpful to the thread

this can save us having to repeat our selves for the 20th time in the same month or because every item has been covered it save someone time and money without heartache because every thing is there :LOL:

ooohhh and to late now but you should have fixed in the bottom or top 25-30% off the boards as this will give the boards more support dead center allows maximum cupping if you support near the edge the maximum it can curve over is around 1" dead center doubles that

Heard it all before, people can soon change their mind when they see it, what I have learnt over the years, they only tell you what you want to hear so they don't upset you, hopefully I'm wrong, I have seen many many outbuildings which failed the plannings, normally it's only a problem if one of the neighbours report it

ok imagine you have a curved leaf where the leaves touch and support the edge next door with velcro
because the fixing is 50mm away the leave can bend by 50mm
if you move the fixings to the edge they will be supported both edges by connection to adjacent leaves being near the edge

ok imagine you have a curved leaf where the leaves touch and support the edge next door with velcro
because the fixing is 50mm away the leave can bend by 50mm
if you move the fixings to the edge they will be supported both edges by connection to adjacent leaves being near the edge

Ok I get it know & I'll get on to that, now as far as the roof goes what thickness of ply should I use, I was thinking of 9mm exterior ply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back