My first go at a new shed

you could get away with 12mm up to 600 but will have deflexion and have to careful when working on the roof also hanging anything off the roof

and if you do opt for the cheaper option off sterling board or osb[orientated strand board] go for a slightly smaller center or thicker board ;)

http://www.pbplywood.co.uk/sterling-board-osb-3.html

Sponsored Links
Ahh a shed oh what a wonderful place to be in world of your own just let all your troubles fade away problem is at some time or other you have to emerge into the real world :cry: :cry:

Well here is an update on the shed, it's given me nightmare & has been a real pain at times as it's been my first attempt at building anything but it's not perfect by any way.

338.jpg

339.jpg

342.jpg

347.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

367-1.jpg

excellent job my man :D :D :D

did i not mention all sockets at roof height frees up the walls and floor and keeps trailing cables out the way
as you have a nice big window make that your working area as natural light is best

Sponsored Links
The electrical work at the mo is only very temporary until I've saved up enough to get an electrician I know to do the work & I've dug the trench to put the armoured cable in, but I must admit I didn't think of putting the sockets at roof height

i have 13 doubles around my 12x10ft workshop and they are only just enough

and before anybody jumps up in horror its only ever i high draw item max 10 amps tv battery chargers the like and 100w max le lighting
have you seen my workshop pictures [very messy :D :D ]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back