My Mum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum has been in hospital since Easter, found out yesterday... its cancer and they have now done everything they can and she won't be coming home :cry: :cry: :cry:

Totally ****ed off at the world at the moment :mad:

Sponsored Links
I'm really sorry, stay calm & be strong, it's not easy, my thoughts are with you.

Sad news, been there thrice across a wide age range ... Hard, but time heals eventually.
P

Sponsored Links
Adam - I'm so sorry to hear that.

Been there with my Dad, and through the potential of being there with my wife.

I hope she doesn't suffer - can you get her into a hospice rather than the hospital?

I'm very sorry to hear that, Adam.
My thoughts are with you and wishing you both the best.

ban-all-sheds said:
I hope she doesn't suffer - can you get her into a hospice rather than the hospital?

They did try sending her home on wednesday* and had nurses popping round all day and someone with her throughout the night, but she got worse quickly and was too uncomfortable at home and had to go back in on friday, quite frankly I don't think she has got much time left at all :( yesterday the doctors said less than a week, today she seemed unconscious and I'm not sure she knew we were there, I've just popped home for a couple of hours to get away from the clasutrophobic room, etc and will be popping back up there later.

I Keep googling for magic 'alternative' cures, but in my heart I know its too late and I'm searching in vain for a glimmer of hope :(

*Ironically at that stage I didn't know the whole of it, I knew she was pretty ill, but I thought that was because she might as well be at home for the waiting for the treatment given to take effect stage, rather than coming home to die :(

Shes only 48 FFS, hardly any age at all to ****ing die is it?! :mad:##x

Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult time.

Sorry about your Mum Adam, they say that hearing is last to go so even if she appears to be unconscious she may know you are there and so talk to her, Carolines Dad has just gone into a hospice with only days left but we try to stay perky for everyone, difficult one to get your head round.
best wishes

Sorry to hear the news mate, stay strong.

I've lost three members of my family to the big C but what gets you through it, is knowing you'll see her again in a better place.

God Bless

Steve.

So sorry to hear that, I too have been there with my gran, mum and dad, and they all had different types of cancer.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Make your mum proud, you know exactly what I mean. No words can express what I feel for you.

Sponsored Links
Back