Vaccination cock up!

Sponsored Links
See the link I posted.
It says
They admit there is some uncertainty in their data amid a "fast-changing situation" but say it is more up to date than the daily government figures because it does not rely on those being tested developing symptoms and then waiting to have their infections confirmed by a laboratory.

It doesn't say that the gov etc use the daily figures - good job too as they don't. Those are reported which is entirely different. The figures that I listed do not rely on symptoms and the 18% and 12% are an indication of levels of infection in the population. They have others as well - antibodies but I'll bet that infection levels in tests are a better indication.

Ok..Discussing the Pope and leaving out Theology Razzler is a bit of a tricky debate to have.How is your musical composition progressing? Where might we see a recital?
It wasn't about a specific belief, it was about how you arrive at your beliefs?
If you point blank refuse to watch alternative opinions, how do you arrive at your beliefs?

Musical composition arrangement is progressing nicely thank you. What made you think it was musical composition that I was busy with?
Composition is creating music that hasn't been created before. Sadly, I'm not that creative nor talented in the field of music.
Now, 'arranging' is about taking music that has been created by A N Other and arranging it to be played by a suitable ensemble, or in our case the available ensemble.
'Arranging' can cover a wide range of ability, from arranging simple tunes for the available recorder and percussionists in a junior school, all the way up to a new arrangement of, say, a concerto by a famous composer, but for a different type of ensemble than that for which it was created, e.g Brahm's Requiem as an instrumental version for Concert Band, or Freddie Mercury's Bohemian Rhapsody for an orchestra.

Sponsored Links
If you point blank refuse to watch alternative opinions, how do you arrive at your beliefs?

Musical composition arrangement is progressing nicely thank you. What made you think it was musical composition that I was busy with?
Composition is creating music that hasn't been created before. Sadly, I'm not that creative nor talented in the field of music.
Now, 'arranging' is about taking music that has been created by A N Other and arranging it to be played by a suitable ensemble, or in our case the available ensemble.
'Arranging' can cover a wide range of ability, from arranging simple tunes for the available recorder and percussionists in a junior school, all the way up to a new arrangement of, say, a concerto by a famous composer, but for a different type of ensemble than that for which it was created, e.g Brahm's Requiem as an instrumental version for Concert Band, or Freddie Mercury's Bohemian Rhapsody for an orchestra.
I thought you more a "" composition" type of bloke.

That is tricky especially as you have misread that bbc link. Others could as well. Even the beeb on say death are reporting averages, For instance yesterdays was the highest to date. The average will give a better indication. It's often been high following weekends, now the NHS is rather busy and that has a knock on as well.

It's a fact that people who want to swing opinions have found that fake news works. One even found saying true news is fake works. Then comes partial information and claims that don't materialise over time. Couple that with a lot of completely unregulated sources and some bent ones. 5g might have been some one who wants to get rid of microwaves or just having fun. Nationalism sometimes figures. Bad news really given what it has done in the past. Some organisations get banned in law suppressing free speech but if they provide a message that suits more and more isn't that the best thing to do.

Are we talking religion,Covid or other??The pope is head of a giant Religion/brainwashing exercise/Con/theory....Use which ever word you prefer..Which comment how far back are you referring to?
I think the point has been made.

Your reasons for dismissing any criticism of the international policies on covid are at odds with your rejection of organised religion - i.e unquestioning belief in one and total disbelief in another - in your words a giant brainwashing exercise.

Oh and - watch the video. It is not (a conspiracy) theory; it is about things that are actually happening.

Oh and - watch the video. It is not (a conspiracy) theory; it is about things that are actually happening.
For the first few minutes, yes. But then it goes on to base suppositions and theories on those events, without explaining the reasoning or links to events.

Am I the only one who instinctively distrusts videos for making decisions on things?

As I see it, Videos are harder to itemise and scrutinize than text, so they get overused used by people who aren't willing or able to survive that sort of peer review.

Am I the only one who instinctively distrusts videos for making decisions on things?

As I see it, Videos are harder to itemise and scrutinize than text, so they get overused used by people who aren't willing or able to survive that sort of peer review.
I tend to agree, but you can skip back and check on things. But it is easier with text. Plus you can highlight parts of text and quote it and address it easier than videos.
Perhaps that's the reasoning behind the use of videos? :idea:

Perhaps that's the reasoning behind the use of videos? :idea:
It is important not to see conspiracy where incompetence is an equally good justification. Especially given that we're being regaled by conspiracy nuts, we should be better than them.

It's easier for some people to bash out a video than it is writing a couple of thousand words, not to mention that a lot of people wouldn't bother reading them. Plus they might not get paid per read.

Well, Mrs Mottie has just had her vaccination. She had the Pfizer one at the hospital. All very organised, the army were there doing the marshalling. Apparently she will be 80% protected within 24 hours. She'll get an email when her second one is due. The nurse said she will get some kind of card or certificate after the second jab and she might want to keep hold of it as "you might need to show it to get in certain places". ;) She got a little badge too. :rolleyes:

A0A8DA85-8978-418E-A527-6A56B26283F7.jpeg

Her mate has got to take her Dad to the same place as the MIL went in post #1. I hope he has better luck!

Sponsored Links
Back