Tesco Parking - What do you think?

if you are disabled and fit to work you do not get a blue badge, also a lot of blue badges are fakes, and a lot of sad healthy people use there grandparents badges because they are lazy then you get the moronic people like jo-90 that just the disabled spaces

Of course u get a blue badge if you are registered disabled. thats my point, the disability discrimination act tells us they should be equally treated, yet in most places they park for free when they could be working full time.

You are right about family members using the badges though.

Sponsored Links
"Of course u get a blue badge if you are registered disabled" no you do not, it your disabled you can apply for one but you may not get it.

if you are disabled and fit to work you do not get a blue badge, also a lot of blue badges are fakes, and a lot of sad healthy people use there grandparents badges because they are lazy then you get the moronic people like jo-90 that just the disabled spaces

your post insinuated if you are disabled and fit to work you do not get a badge. Wrong.

Disabled people who work get a badge and mostly park for free.

Of course some people dont get one who apply.

How can you be disabled if you are fit for work?

Sponsored Links
Yes but they are not disabled - just people in wheelchairs.

Do blind people get blue badges? Are blind people classed as disabled?

Text from .gov website:

Who automatically qualifies for a Blue Badge

Anyone over two years old automatically qualifies for a Blue Badge if they:
•are registered blind
•receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility supplement

•receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
•have received a lump sum benefit from the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation Scheme (within tariff levels 1-8) and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking

Other people who may qualify for a Blue Badge

If you do not automatically qualify, you may need to be assessed by your local authority.

Anyone over two years old may be eligible for a Blue Badge, if they either:
•have a permanent and substantial disability which means they cannot walk, or makes walking very difficult
•drive a motor vehicle regularly and have a severe disability in both arms, making it very difficult or impossible to operate parking meters

I gather that GP's are no longer allowed to certify people for Blue Badges, maybe some of them were overly sympathetic, or their patients have experienced miraculous recoveries. I see plenty of users who show no sign they "have a permanent and substantial disability which means they cannot walk, or makes walking very difficult"

although some of them have a bit of a limp.

Well so have I (only in the legs) but not so bad that I can't hobble about.

If they don't have have a permanent and substantial disability which means they cannot walk, or makes walking very difficult, then they shouldn't have a blue badge. Perhaps the new assesment process will weed out the ones taking advantage.

I know someone who gers a badge and a fully subsidised car because she has one leg shorter than the other. it causes lots of pain except when she travels 250 miles to liverpool and gets pi55ed watching the footie.

Anyone else noticed the increase in numbers of people walking with the aid of a stick??

Coincided with the changes to the disability benefits scams.

Yes but they are not disabled - just people in wheelchairs.

Do blind people get blue badges? Are blind people classed as disabled?

Now Now that's a bit un~ PC its not blind its vision impaired !!!

Sponsored Links
Back