Tesco Parking - What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Actually it's Tesco online, if that redeems me a little... :D
Never lay down with the devil in whatever form it appears... ;)

shhhh.. Tesco is the best.

I have shares in it. :oops:

They're going in the right direction... ;)

graph.cgi

"Same with Blue Badge spots. If they are fit enough to walk around a shopping centre they are fit enough to park with everyone else." Quote.

That is untrue and extremely unkind. There are disabled people who can only walk short distances and in considerable pain. The ability to use disabled spaces makes the difference between doing whatever it is and not doing it.

I suggest you stop to think how fortunate you are to be able to walk easily and effortlessly across a car park, have consideration for those who cannot, and stop being so smug and selfish.

Health is a gift beyond price - be glad of it!

Sponsored Links
i was very fit until a few years ago and never thought i would be disabled, spent a few weeks in a wheel chair and have never been treated so bad in my life, Blue Badge parking is not just for walking a shorter distance its also a wider bay making it easer to get out of the car. why a fit family need a special spaces i do not know. i would love to swap my blue badge for good health. as for the likes of jo-90 one day he may end up in a wheel chair and it would make my day, maybe a car crash and loose his legs. its people like him that have lost this forum lots of good members.

If you wish bad things on people - they usually happen to you. Shame on you.

Same with Blue Badge spots. If they are fit enough to walk around a shopping centre they are fit enough to park with everyone else

You've crossed the line here Joe, I had a disabled son and the only way he could get about was in a wheelchair.
Consequently the disabled spaces were a godsend to his mum and I when we took him out for the day.
I met loads of the lazy able bodied to**ers who parked in these spaces who thought just like you.
You've gone down in my estimation :evil:

Wheelchair no probs - but I've only ever seen two people use them in a car park. Most Blue Badge holders are fitter than I am and just milk the system.

She was right to remonstrate with the old lady.

Don't be mistaken into thinking old ladies are all sweet little grannies.

Followed a car the other day that performed some extremely dangerous overtaking moves - big Audi estate 3.0 diesel tdi quattro (Has anyone else noticed that a Audis are taking the knobhead mantle once reserved for BMW drivers?)

Anyway after an overtake around the OUTSIDE of a left hand bend with no way of seeing what was coming around the corner as the exit rises and brows , followed by an overtake that continued past a line of cars after the solid white line had kicked in and another overtake where the driver was not back on her side before the van coming the otherway was forced to hug the kerb I decided this driver was going to get an earful from me.
As fortune would have it at the next traffic lights it was turning left and I was going straight on meaning our drivers windows were perfectly aligned. Perfect!! To my shock and horror I looked accross to see A WOMAN DRIVER!
Did I decide at that point to give this member of the fairer sex an easy ride?

No a chance when other peoples safety was at stake so I let rip after I had asked her to wind down her window I asked her ...

Won't you be happy today till you have killed someone?
I then went on to describe the three ridiculous overtakes I had seen her perform.. she looked totally caught out.
She feigned then not to have realised what had happened unfortunately I only had time to finish off with her being a selfish C who didn't give an F about anyone else before the lights changed and I had to drive on.

Will she change her ways? probably not the overtake around outside on the left hand bend shows me that she has not the faintest about road safety and would not even know how to improve her driving even if she decided to.

But yes even elderly or supposedly weaker members of society need telling when they screw up so the OPs sister in law gets my vote and if it means more people speak up when they see people drop litter etc then we will build a better society.
In a Tesco Car Park??
Impressed.

More than one poster has commented on why the need for wider parking bays with regards parent toddler space.

I don't know whether they have tried to shovel a baby in and out of a child seat, but it does need to be done with the door open, with neither hand free to hold/secure that door.

Now i don't profess to be Einstein, but i can see why a supermarket would want to have wider bays for this reason, i.e. no banging of doors into neighbouring vehicles.

More than one poster has commented on why the need for wider parking bays with regards parent toddler space.

I don't know whether they have tried to shovel a baby in and out of a child seat, but it does need to be done with the door open, with neither hand free to hold/secure that door.

Now i don't profess to be Einstein, but i can see why a supermarket would want to have wider bays for this reason, i.e. no banging of doors into neighbouring vehicles.

ok to get a baby in and out of a child seat, but why do they use them when the youngest brat is 9 years old

My heart go's out to all you "poor" people, i personally shop at Waitrose where we get a better class of shopper. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ok to get a baby in and out of a child seat, but why do they use them when the youngest brat is 9 years old

Because like healthy Blue Badge holders - they can.

In some places they are called parent & toddler spaces, and i think they server their purpose admirably, as has been pointed out, putting kids in car seats, shoveling in buggies, blah, blah is made a lot easier with wider spaces. I agree with not using the spaces with kids who are perfectly able to walk, so I don't. I did drive a 4x4 though, which incidentally is no longer or wider than a Mondeo estate.

The difference is that some disabled people can only walk a short distance and in great pain.

Show some consideration, and some basic humanity, Joe.

And apologise for your appalling behaviour on here.

Sponsored Links
Back