Vaccination cock up!

Sponsored Links
Apparently she will be 80% protected within 24 hours.

Have you a link to any supporting data for that, Mottie. I ask because i find that hard to believe.

The vaccine has to get into your system, then your cells.

Your cells then have to produce antigens.

The cells then have to release those antigens into your system, where they encounter the immune system.

The immune system then has to produce antibodies and other defences.

Seems an awful lot, for 24hrs!

Have you a link to any supporting data for that, Mottie. I ask because i find that hard to believe.
Sorry, no. Just repeating what my wife was told by the nurse. It does seem a bit ambitious though, I agree.

Edit, just looked up and I think she must have heard it wrong. Anyway, she said even if it was 24 days, she’s not going to change the way she does anything anyway so masks, hand washing and sticking to the rules as she has been doing all along.

Last edited:
Well, Mrs Mottie has just had her vaccination. She had the Pfizer one at the hospital. All very organised, the army were there doing the marshalling. Apparently she will be 80% protected within 24 hours. She'll get an email when her second one is due. The nurse said she will get some kind of card or certificate after the second jab and she might want to keep hold of it as "you might need to show it to get in certain places". ;) She got a little badge too. :rolleyes:

Wot, no appearance on telly?

Well done!

Rumour has it that the army meds are doing the injections at out local big vaccination centre.

Sponsored Links

I just had my appointment made and asked a couple of questions. 2 weeks to be fully effective and 12 weeks to the 2nd is set as the max not when people will receive it. If the 12 weeks does mean that the news isn't reporting it correctly and gov reporting is poor but they can't be sure of rates until the roll out is all up and running and supply stable.

Symptoms from it - expect the sort of thing that usually happens when the immune system is active. May not be any.

The effectiveness isn't being reported well either - remember the comment that no one who had the jab caught it and finished up in hospital. Those must be the ones that did show symptoms.

I also said I am going to continue to try to avoid catching it. If the biobank are looking for people to monitor post jab immunity levels I'll sign up.

The effectiveness isn't being reported well either - remember the comment that no one who had the jab caught it and finished up in hospital. Those must be the ones that did show symptoms.
It isn't being reported at all well, because no one really knows what level of protection you'll have after one jab beyond week 4 or 5. It was never tested.

The first dose will get to maximum effectiveness for that dose after 2 weeks or so. After that it's expected that the protection will slowly decrease until you get a booster. The booster is enough to make your immune system really wake up and take notice, and then you build longer term protection against the virus.

Actually on phase 3 they had been monitored for 4 months in early December and there are also the other phases. Usually a pretty accurate source of info
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...w-about-the-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine/

But yes all are lab rats

This is mentioned
The trial began assessing immunity seven days after the second shot. We know that protective immunity builds up within four weeks of the first dose, but Sahin says that it appears to develop earlier than that. Further details will be published in a matter of days, he says.

We don't get to see it - sadly.

Back