My Offers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had the misfortune to get these lovely people sending you text messages?

Cannot for the life of me stop them texting my Mum. All the web comments about them are bad.

Beginning to think the only way to get rid of them is a new number.

She has the same annoying texts from William Hill. I have emailed them and after trying to fob me off with texting STOP to a certain number (which did not work), they are now taking me seriously (I hope).

A right royal PIA!!

Sponsored Links
Vodafone has a system where you forward the text to VSPAM
(Vodafone spam) then reply with the spammers' phone no.

I would have thought other major operators would have had something similar.

You can also block numbers on your phone, or put them in the phone memory under the user name "spammer 1" or something.

I have set my house phones to silent ring for hidden numbers, so they go to the answerphone. Scammers never leave a message.

Yeah, done that. Blocked them every single time, but they reappear the next day. I think they're using a different number?

Will contact Asda.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone had the misfortune to get these lovely people sending you text messages?

Cannot for the life of me stop them texting my Mum. All the web comments about them are bad.

Beginning to think the only way to get rid of them is a new number.

She has the same annoying texts from William Hill. I have emailed them and after trying to fob me off with texting STOP to a certain number (which did not work), they are now taking me seriously (I hope).

A right royal PIA!!

There are apps you can download which can easily be programmed to block calls.

Follow these instructions to limit all incoming calls to people on your Contacts list:
  1. Navigate to Settings -> Do Not Disturb.
  2. Toggle Manual ON (green slider) to enable Do Not Disturb (DND), or schedule a time for DND to automatically switch on.
  3. Tap Allow Calls From.
  4. Select All Contacts.
Maybe phone dependant

Sponsored Links
Back