My perfectly working Mountfield R28M ride on Mower not starting after a 'good' wash!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To my perfectly working Mountfield R28M
ride on Mower, I decided to give through wash (like what I do with my car). I even sprayer water into engine bay:!::?: not just under blades. Water is throughly sprayer using pressure washer!

Now its not even kicking..? what could have gone wrong..? What I did is absolute stupidity..? How could I recover..? what should I check.

As you see its resting side ways on a wood piece now hoping to drain out water..Any tips please..

Should I move this post to DIY disasters..??:oops::?:

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-14 at 12.49.36 PM.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Do you get a click from the starter motor? If you do but it is not cranking, you could have hydro-locked the engine. Equally though, it could just be waterlogged electrics. Does it only have electric start or is there a manual handle/cord

Only electric start, no manual one.

no kicking..can't believe battery down as it was working just until my wash!

you could have hydro-locked the engine. >> what should I do to unlock..?

Sponsored Links
Make sure interlock switches.....brake, seat, gear, grass box etc are all in the start position, if the machine makes no sound at all!
John :)

Good news!! My ride-on is working again...:):):LOL:

As many said here either water dried (connectors) in sunshine today or it could be some sensor like the seat sensor (which makes sure someone in the seat before engine start) malfunctioning before started working again.

Thanks for all tips here..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back