My Tits are back!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! Two days to the year, a Tit has started building a nest in my Wifi nest box. Let's hope he's not disturbed and scared off by a Starling like he was last year. Fingers crossed.

E96E8E1E-EB71-4A73-AF9E-C497FD545B7D.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I thought I'd missed out too as there were stories of spring coming three weeks early this year. Mrs Mottie saw a tit collecting grass this morning and alerted me. Work seems to have ground to a halt at the moment though.

69688EF1-5B03-4ECD-984F-C39B826E2A85.jpeg

I have three tit boxes in my back garden and one in the front. Two of the boxes in the back are used for nesting, the birds go in and out of the other two but they never nest. They were building in the one nearest my kitchen window at the start of April.
What box and camera set-up do you have there, Mottie?

Sponsored Links
Well, just got home and he's still at it. I'm getting all excited now. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Truth is, I don't know. Mrs Mottie bought it for me a couple of Christmas's ago. It has a power supply in my loft, a light sensor, an led that's always on during the day but when it gets dark it switches to infra-red. I made a plate with a smaller hole in it to hopefully deter the starling from poking his beak in this time.

B97B5C15-4F4F-4B5F-B46B-8BB58F51D3CF.jpeg

Used to make boxes for blue tits with my Dad as a kid. He always said to use a 10p piece (the old one) as a guide for the hole: if it was as big as that it could allow other birds access.

Just looked it up... the old 10p was 28mm diameter. The recommended size for tits is 25mm.

I asked about the box set-up because my bestie takes care of my alarm and CCTV, it's his own business and has done that since leaving school.
I've asked him a few times about a bird box camera set-up but he's not in the least bit interested in doing it for me. So, I was thinking about going it alone as it were and I don't want to put his nose out of joint by connecting a bird box into "his" system because he might not want to support it.

I asked about the box set-up because my bestie takes care of my alarm and CCTV, it's his own business and has done that since leaving school.
I've asked him a few times about a bird box camera set-up but he's not in the least bit interested in doing it for me. So, I was thinking about going it alone as it were and I don't want to put his nose out of joint by connecting a bird box into "his" system because he might not want to support it.
Mines not connected into any cctv system. I just put power to the camera and connected the camera to my iPad by Wifi. I just log on to the iCSee Pro app and view it. You can take and save recordings and screenshots from the app.

I have three tit boxes in my back garden and one in the front. Two of the boxes in the back are used for nesting, the birds go in and out of the other two but they never nest. They were building in the one nearest my kitchen window at the start of April.
Mine looks similar, it came from Greenfeathers via Amazon, watch it on the TV

Mottie, I take it the camera has its own wifi?
Crystal ball, I'm not really interested in the box, I would like to build that myself, but this one?

Sponsored Links
Back