My toliet has a leak?

Sponsored Links
is the toilet spigot higher than the pipe so there is a slight fall on the waste pipe or is it more or less level? Sometimes when these are almost level a little water can back up onto the inner part of the seal and it leaks from the plastic securing ring on the end of the flexi pipe that secures the seal into the coupling. Some of these can be unclipped to allow the seal to be removed, some silicone on the inner part of the seal where it fits into the coupler and push the seal back in, clip the plastic ring back on and let it set.

Hi

Yep believe or not I've still not done this, the whole house has been renovated but still the bathroom toilet leaks. Madness.

OK there is a slight fall from the outlet on the toilet to the pipe that comes out of the wall.

I have used an extendable pan pipe for ease really, the cistern is boxed in, and getting to the pipe int he wall is difficult, but I'm not sure why this would effect the join to the toilet?

I've tried 2 seperate pan pipes on this toilet and they have all leaked slightly, I'm not sure if its the actual pan outlet that's the problem, it looks sound and round.

I think the best thing to do is seal round the joint, what would be the very best thing to use for this?

whenever i get a problem with a pan connector i always end up going to city plumbing to buy a "multikwik" connector cos the other brands dont do the job. e.g. mac alpine,jorqium, whatever. these other brands are easy to slip on ,multikwik generally isn,t
they cost more but you are not doing the job endless times which im sure you will agree is soooooo frustrating
didnt you receive similar advice from charnwood 8 months ago?
if the £20 one you bought is a multikwik connector ignore this

Sponsored Links
Are you certain its not condensation ? Lot of it about at the moment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back