My Vauxhall Agila boot won't lock. Please help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I cannot lock the boot of my vauxhall agila 2007 car. When I put the switch in and try to turn the key to lock the boot the key just doesn't turn. I have tried WD40 but it doesn't help.

Could anyone please help?
:cry:

Sponsored Links
Can you hear any sounds in the boot lid when you try to lock it?

Its probably due to a linkage falling off in the lid between the key and the lock.

If the key wont turn at all, keep at it with the WD40, jiggling the key as you go.....it can help to have the key half way in the lock - this keeps the weather door open and allows the lube to get in better.
Maybe you have a spare key you could try?
John :)

Thanks for that but I've really tried everything with the WD40 but it just doesn't seem to help. When I bought the car I was only given one key with it so don't have a spare key. Is it possible that the key to the boot is different to the car key?

Sponsored Links
If you are uncertain about the history of the car, then it is indeed possible that a different lock barrel has been fitted at some time and the key lost somewhere in transit.
It should be simple enough to open the hatchback from within the boot - unless getting in isn't a problem. Presumably there's no central locking?
John :)

Unfortunately I still have the problem with the boot. I can only open the boot from inside thr car. The key does not turn when I try opening the boot from outside. Any other suggestions please?

I got another lock and key from a scap yard , so I have 2 keys now 1 only to open boot. Cost me £5

Back