Myson compact cp53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Just a quick question, I have the above pump for my heating and hot water, when the water and central heating are on together the radiators dont heat up as quick, I'm guessing this is normal as the pump is distributing the water to the cylinder and the rads? when they are on seperately then its all a bit quicker, also the numbers 1 2 3 on the side of the pump, what is that all about? at the moment its on 3, I'm with the british gas homecare so before I waste my time calling them out for something that might not be broken I thought I would ask.

Also are newer pumps faster? could be worth upgrading perhaps anyway?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I guess 3 being the fastest? on another note, some of my copper pipes have a greeny blue stuff on them what is that? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Its likely that your cylinder is not balanced with the heating.

Not many installers even bother to fit the lockshield to the heating coil which is required to adjust it.

Follow the pipework close to the cylinder and see if there is a valve, maybe with red wheel handle, on the pipework. If so see if its fully open.

Tony

just ran up and had a look and tried to turn the red wheel next to the cylinder, its fully open, the more I look at the pump the more it looks like something from 1920 but its doesn't make any strange noises (touch wood) and clearly it pumps the water round to all the rads as they are all hot (again touch wood) so maybe I'm just looking for faults that aren't there?! However the valve above it has what looks like a dark sticky substance around the joint but I'll ignore that till it starts to leak :LOL:

He's now probably turned the Cold feed down to a Dribble at the Taps look out for his nex new post :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

This valve, which pipe is it on?

If the cold feed to the bottom of the cylinder then leave it alone.

If its on the heating coil and while heating the cylinder the pipe is warm then close it and open it just one and a half turns and see what effect that has on heating rads when CH and HW are both on.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back