mystery parts supplied with a new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, we bought a toilet from plumbworld (http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/-22289) and we received the a set of fixings (see photo) with the new toilet. The fixings comprise 2 plastic brackets (just off 90 degrees), two screws, two bolts (plus rawl plugs and some plastic caps), shown in the photo.

We don't know what to do with the plastic brackets shown in the photo, and we asked the manufacturer via the plumbworld website about 2 weeks ago, but they haven't replied. Can anyone identify these and give us some guidance as to how to install them with the toilet?

thank you very much in advance!

J

Sponsored Links
those are for holding down the pan to the floor. the large angled brackets go on the inside of the side walls of the pan.they should line up with the holes in the pan and the smaller screws go through the pan openings into the cheesegrid of the brackets. the plastic washer is so you dont damage the side of the pan and the large caps go over the outside screws to cover them up, the rawlplugs are when you are not screwing into floorboards

Thumbnail.aspx

Sponsored Links
Free?
Get 'em on Ebay starting at a fiver! Fischer's set is about £7.

Most people screw pans direct to the floor.

not if the holes are on the side less you have bendy screws :D

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 am Post Subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

terence7556 wrote:
i wish i could upload photos like that
You've got a computer, you're registered on here, so you should be able to.
as you already know from last weeks post about the world plumbing day i can upload photos, whats got into you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back