Nail Gun for concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for recomendations for a nail Gun that will nail wood battons 1.5inch thick to solid concrete ceilings.

Something with variable driving distance and plenty of power.

It'll not be used very much prob doing less than 300 nails / month however I'd like something reliable so mid range pricing.

Any sugestions ?

Sponsored Links
a hilti cartridge gun is what you need, you may need to pilot the timber first though to prevent splitting

Are there any others apart from Hilti or Spit?

Power is varied by a dial, or use a different power/colour cartridge

Any particular models that would be suitable ?

I've been looking on ebay seems to be a good few under £100 second hand about.. I take it a second hand hilti should still be a good quality tool ?

Sponsored Links
I've used both the dx 36, dx450 & 450 copy,
the 36 you really need the nail with the plastic star type washer or other wise the nail drops out if you point the gun down.
the 450 you ram load the nail as you cock the gun and they tend to stay put.
the 360 is better suited if you are going to use large plastic washer nails for holding foam.
I would look for one with the case including the two wire brushes and if the spare piston is still with it then the gun hasn't done
a lot of work.
both the 36 & the 450 are easy to strip and clean.
I think I'd go for a 450 out of the two types I've used.
As for cartridges I've used white,green, yellow, red & black, but its better just to buy red or black and turn the power down on the gun.
never fire it without a nail as it will break the piston
and don't double load it as its hell to un-jam :evil:

iv got the hilti gx100 use it on concrete and steel I beams
all the time they take up to 39mm nails and runs on gas cells no battery
its light and got the power for most jobs and no need to pre drill the wood you cant get them on ebay £120 buy it now and the nails on there too comes with the gas cells too
id say get the gx100
gx120

If buying a second hand hilti I would seriously considered getting it serviced before using it for your own piece of mind and the safety of yourself and those around you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back