Name of this plastic hinge, where to buy replacement from?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently the hinge from a writing bureau door broke and I can’t find where to buy a replacement, I don’t know what it’s called.

It about 75cm long, plastic and one end goes into the bureau itself and the other goes into the writing bureau door and it is hinged from the top, obviously it has broken off now.

Could anyone help with name and possible shop to purchase from?

I have taken photos below

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You appear to have a combination of "T" plastic edge banding & continuous hinge there. I would say you'll be hard placed to source that, I would look to replace it with plastic continuous hinge glued into the slots, you may have to take out the slot radius's at each of the ends or alternatively square up the slots. Just search for continuous plastic hinge UK and find a suitable size/supply etc.

Sponsored Links
You appear to have a combination of "T" plastic edge banding & continuous hinge there. I would say you'll be hard placed to source that, I would look to replace it with plastic continuous hinge glued into the slots, you may have to take out the slot radius's at each of the ends or alternatively square up the slots. Just search for continuous plastic hinge UK and find a suitable size/supply etc.

hi

i was thinking a continuous hinge too, i have seen this one at b & q which is 600mm long, if i cant get it to fit in the slots i could just drill holes on the writing bureau and the bureau door, it will be on the inside and cant be seen.

http://www.diy.com/nav/build/doors-...uous-Hinge-Brass-Plated-9370626?skuId=9671331

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back