naseem in jail was it the correct verdict

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i personally dont like naseem but jailing him was not the right thing to do

this man has done a lot of good in the world and he made a mistake as we all do

i feel for the man who was injured but i feel for naseem and his family as jailing is so wrong

he was once a HERO cant the courts remember that ?

it sends only one message to the MOTORIST dont stop keep going if you can coz your going to get jailed if you stop

shame on the law of this land :cry:

how many POLICE offivers get jailed for road accidents ?? NONE

Sponsored Links
He didn't make a mistake. He deliberately drove at 90mph to impress someone in the car, overtook on the brow of the hill and hit 2 cars head on, putting the driver of one in hospital for months with multiple fractures. Anyone would go down for an offence like that, which seems pretty fair to me

Slogger said:
...he made a mistake as we all do...

"Hamed was at the wheel of his £325,000 McLaren-Mercedes when he crashed at 90mph on Ringinglow Road, Sheffield.

Motorist Anthony Burgin spent weeks in hospital after the crash left him with fractures to "every major bone in his body".

The court heard how Hamed was anxious to impress businessman Asif Ayub, 46, who was a passenger in the McLaren-Mercedes at the time of the crash.

Hamed was showing what his car could do when he crossed a solid white line at a speed of at least 90mph and crashed head-on into a Volkswagen Golf"

I don't think the fact that he is perceived as a HERO should have any bearing on the judges decision what so ever. From the reports I've read ( granted ,not dozens) the manoeuver ,the sole purpose of which was to impress his passenger ( have to hand it to him - did a nice job there Naseem), was totally idiotic. You say he made a mistake, a pretty damn huge one, but mostly in life when you make a mistake you have to pay for it. I however think he took a risk - either way, this is his payout.
Do however think the sentence is a bit off - too long a jail sentence ( not because I'm soft but because its money and cell space which could be put to better use) and not long enough on the ban - curiously didn't see written anywhere anything about a payout for the injured parties so maybe a pretty hefty one of these could prove painful too.

Sponsored Links
pickles said:
He didn't make a mistake. He deliberately drove at 90mph to impress someone in the car, overtook on the brow of the hill and hit 2 cars head on, putting the driver of one in hospital for months with multiple fractures. Anyone would go down for an offence like that, which seems pretty fair to me
I think it fair as well, otherwise if you don't jail them then it will be sending out the wrong messages to other drivers who will now think twice about it.

JohnD said:
I don't know Sheffield, is Ringinglow Road a dual carriageway or what? There do seem to be a lot of houses on the other side from the playing field.

]

No it's a single carriageway, I think the crash occured where the road has left the built-up area. It is long and straight with grass verges, stone walls and then fields on both sides. The road goes steadily uphill for about a mile and then over the brow of a hill.
A schoolfriend of mine was killed on the same stretch when she was about 19. She was a passenger in a sports car and the driver was trying to impress.

I have had a love affair with cars pretty much all my life... But, surely the time has come ..... I would not buy a performance car without actually using the power - regularly - Now bu##er Mercedes, Porsche and all the rest ....... 70 mph max ... 60 mph national limit.
The capability of far exceeding this is crazy and must cost as many lives, if not more than diy electrics ... so why no draconian laws?? Freedom? freedom to kill or maim on a whim ... Or freedom to make lotsa dosh flogging wheeled metal to us egoistical pratts ...
Think on !
;)

He got off lightly! . Imagine if it was one of your family he nearly killed whilst trying to impress - what sentence would you call for then?

ok points taken

but there are two points your missing

1 the POLICE kill and maim everyday and none of them go to jail ?? why

2 the message to all motorists is run dont stay IF YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT GET THE F*CK OUT SHARPISH

this cant be good

Slogger said:
1 the POLICE kill and maim everyday and none of them go to jail ?? why

Maybe not every day, but there is definately a bias in the 'justice' system that favours them..!

2 the message to all motorists is run dont stay IF YOU CAUSE AN ACCIDENT GET THE F*CK OUT SHARPISH

Again, maybe the penalties should be higher for reckless/dangerous driving..

Although I don't condone it, I also don't see the point in jailing very wealthy people for what is essentially stupidity, rather than an intended crime. It was a dangerous driving, it went wrong and the other guy paid for it with his injuries.

As regards the sentence, I would prefer too see him fined his best nine months earnings instead and share the money between the NHS and the victim.

This sentence will have no deterrant value at all, its just filling cells, which are needed for real criminals.

If we were all truthful, I have a feeling we would all like to see what one of these cars would do. ;)

paulbrown said:
Although I don't condone it, I also don't see the point in jailing very wealthy people for what is essentially stupidity, rather than an intended crime. It was a dangerous driving, it went wrong and the other guy paid for it with his injuries.

That's ok then - just jail the poor for their 'stupidity'.... :rolleyes:

This sentence will have no deterrant value at all, its just filling cells, which are needed for real criminals.
Maybe you can give a definition for a 'real criminal'?..

someone who cheats on his taxes?..someone who hurts someone in a drunken brawl?..

Or maybe even someone who overtakes a line of stationary cars on the brow of a hill and almost kills someone in a 'moment of stupidity'?

If we were all truthful, I have a feeling we would all like to see what one of these cars would do.

Of course, but then 99% of us would choose a better place to do so!

ellal said:
paulbrown said:

someone who cheats on his taxes?..someone who hurts someone in a drunken brawl?..

Or maybe even someone who overtakes a line of stationary cars on the brow of a hill and almost kills someone in a 'moment of stupidity'?

If we were all truthful, I have a feeling we would all like to see what one of these cars would do.

Totaly agree with you.

PS having a bit of a joke here BTW, if he's locked up he might loose a bit of weight for his come back, that he says he's going to do. :LOL:

ellal said:
paulbrown said:

Whats this :rolleyes: for ellal? does the use of that offensive icon better your post in any way?

Personally I would prefer to see voilent people behind bars. Perhaps you could explain what good would come out of this sentence? Do you not think the victim would prefer money?

Sponsored Links
Back