Navalny dead.

But do they actually have the right to be there originally ?

IIRC, the islands were uninhabited until the French set up a naval garrison there, in the 1700s.
Which Britain kicked out, within a year.

Argentine occupation of the islands can be measured in weeks, unlike the UK's centuries. And none of it until the French and British had been there first.

Not saying right or wrong; just that "first dibs" gets Argentina nowhere, as a basis for any claim.

(The islands are also over 300 miles from the coast of Argentina; and a sparsely-inhabited part of Argentina, even now, at that. I doubt that the Argies even knew they were there, for most of their history).

Sponsored Links
IIRC, the islands were uninhabited until the French set up a naval garrison there, in the 1700s.
Which Britain kicked out, within a year.

Argentine occupation of the islands can be measured in weeks, unlike the UK's centuries. And none of it until the French and British had been there first.

Not saying right or wrong; just that "first dibs" gets Argentina nowhere, as a basis for any claim.

(The islands are also over 300 miles from the coast of Argentina; and a sparsely-inhabited part of Argentina, even now, at that. I doubt that the Argies even knew they were there, for most of their history).
So France has more claim than us maybe ?

I'm not saying right or wrong either, but if argentine claimed ownership of say Isle of Man, or the Shetlands etc, would that be right?

I know, it's a hell of a can of worms

That's a completely different question.

But, and as I've already said, "first dibs" holds no water, and "proximity" is tenuous as well.
And then put this back to Russia invading Ukraine, versus Russians living in Ukraine not liking the rules, doesn't give pootin the right to invade.

Or does it. Not in my book..

Sponsored Links
And then put this back to Russia invading Ukraine, versus Russians living in Ukraine not liking the rules, doesn't give pootin the right to invade.

Or does it. Not in my book..
In April 2014, Russia-backed rebels seized government buildings in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, proclaimed the creation of “people’s republics” and battled Ukrainian troops and volunteer battalions. The following month, the separatist regions held a popular vote to declare independence and make a bid to become part of Russia.

Associated Press

Russian speakers are a majority in those regions. Democracy in action.

So if an area of Britain did similar?
Maybe Scotland.

If you are russian but living abroad and don't like it, it doesn't mean there should be an invasion to make it Russian
I don't think Putin wants to make Ukraine part of Russia.
I may be wrong of course.
The intervention was to uphold the rights of self determination by the ethnic Russian population in Eastern Ukraine and to prevent genocide by the Ukranian armed forces.

But do they actually have the right to be there originally ?
There was no indigenous population on the Islands when the British arrived.
Argentina has no ethnic connection to the present population of the Falklands.

Some Russian bloke who defected in his helecopter to the Ukraine than moved to Spain

Was found bumped off he had been shot ??

Suspect Russian hitman / agents ? :cool:

Some in here may need to tread a careful path ref there comments about poo tin ;)

Transam is on the ball he has key entry to his house ;) no door knob / handle

Those with door knobs or Handles best advised to get some marigolds ;)

Some Russian bloke who defected in his helecopter to the Ukraine than moved to Spain

Was found bumped off he had been shot ??

Suspect Russian hitman / agents ? :cool:

Some in here may need to tread a careful path ref there comments about poo tin ;)

Transam is on the ball he has key entry to his house ;) no door knob / handle

Those with door knobs or Handles best advised to get some marigolds ;)
Don't forget to lock your windows.
People have been known to 'accidentally' fall out of them.

The intervention was to uphold the rights of self determination by the ethnic Russian population in Eastern Ukraine

Like he gives a shiny one for any Russians :ROFLMAO:

If he did, he wouldn't be feeding hundreds of thousands into a meat grinder.

He wants to establish a land bridge to crimea.

Sponsored Links
Back