Another critic of Mr Putin shot dead

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Former Deputy Prime Minister Boris Nemtsov, has been shot dead in Moscow, Russian officials say.

An unidentified attacker in a car shot Mr Nemtsov four times in the back as he crossed a bridge in view of the Kremlin, police say.

He died hours after appealing for support for a march on Sunday in Moscow against the war in Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31669061

In a recent interview, Mr Nemtsov had said he feared Mr Putin would have him killed because of his opposition to the war in Ukraine.

Mr Nemtsov, 55, served as first deputy prime minister under President Boris Yeltsin in the 1990s.

He had earned a reputation as an economic reformer while governor of one of Russia's biggest cities, Nizhny Novgorod.

Falling out of favour with Yeltsin's successor, Mr Putin, he became an outspoken opposition politician

Previously....

Violent deaths of Putin opponents

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home

July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness

July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital

October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment

November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel

March 2013 - Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home

Sponsored Links
I like Putin, he plays dirty but so does the UK and US who are constantly working on trying to de-stabalise Russia. Really, do you blame him ? This is just the usual mud-slinging from the BBC

I like Putin, he plays dirty but so does the UK and US who are constantly working on trying to de-stabalise Russia. Really, do you blame him ? This is just the usual mud-slinging from the BBC

Yes, we're good at that. We've destabilised Iraq, Libya, Afganistan, Zimbabwe, South Africa and Syria is in the process. When will the West ever learn?

The Russians have their own problems with the ROP. Perhaps it was a Chechen who killed Nemtsov? Perhaps our blundering politicians will be arming the Chechens next, or maybe they already have.

Sponsored Links
Putin is a bully boy, capable of so much wrong doing on a very different level to most..a very dangerous man not to be underestimated.

If Putin is the gangster he is portrayed as by the media why doesn't he just have his rivals disappear without trace, why would he be so crude as to have this bloke shot on the open street and then allow the BBC to broadcast to world from the scene of the crime.
Not a day goes by now without some Russophobic ****** on the news or in the newspaper, an ancient Russian bomber flies past the UK and everyone in the media gets their knickers in a twist.
This country has a lot of problems at the moment, immigration, the economy ect. but as far as I can see these problems have got nothing to do with the Russians, it seems that the cranking up of anti Russian sentiment is paying off , according to the newspapers (if you can believe them) 65% of the public now see Russia as a threat to the UK.

Former Deputy Prime Minister Boris Nemtsov, has been shot dead in Moscow, Russian officials say.

An unidentified attacker in a car shot Mr Nemtsov four times in the back as he crossed a bridge in view of the Kremlin, police say.

He died hours after appealing for support for a march on Sunday in Moscow against the war in Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31669061

In a recent interview, Mr Nemtsov had said he feared Mr Putin would have him killed because of his opposition to the war in Ukraine.

Mr Nemtsov, 55, served as first deputy prime minister under President Boris Yeltsin in the 1990s.

He had earned a reputation as an economic reformer while governor of one of Russia's biggest cities, Nizhny Novgorod.

Falling out of favour with Yeltsin's successor, Mr Putin, he became an outspoken opposition politician

Previously....

Violent deaths of Putin opponents

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home

July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness

July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital

October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment

November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel

March 2013 - Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
That bloke Berezovsky was an Oligarch with a very shady past , he lost a lot of money when he unsuccessfully sued Roman Abramovich, he then got depressed and Topped himself :rolleyes: so what is the Putin connection then?

Putin is a bully boy, capable of so much wrong doing on a very different level to most..a very dangerous man not to be underestimated.
How many people have the Israelis bumped off in other countries while using stolen identities of British citizens and our government says nothing.

How many people have the Israelis bumped off in other countries while using stolen identities of British citizens and our government says nothing.

How would I know? I'm an English builder not an Israeli assassin.

"or so it would seem"

<suspicious eyes>

They all say that ;)

Sponsored Links
Back