The Russians

There's a world of difference between populist, and a people's representative. He has always been anti-corruption.
It is true that he appeared to have been found guilty of crimes of embezzlement, but EU, and others within Russia (including Gorbachev) consider them to be politically motivated convictions to stop him being eligible for political positions.
It is also true that he did harbour nationalistic preferences, and may still do so. He nay even still have concerns about different religions. But he is only 44 years old, and has come a long way in his 'wokeness', only recently speaking out in support of BLM.
He is a Russian Nationalist, he supported the Annexation of Crimea, the Russian invasion of Georgia and the uprising by ethnic Russians in Ukraine.
Although having said that, if i was Russian i would also support all the above.

Sponsored Links
Last thing any one needs is Russia falling apart in some type of peoples revolution

better the devil u know imho

putin

Sponsored Links
He is a Russian Nationalist, he supported the Annexation of Crimea, the Russian invasion of Georgia and the uprising by ethnic Russians in Ukraine.
Although having said that, if i was Russian i would also support all the above.
He was a Russian nationalist, but he wanted integration not domination. The following completely refutes your arguments:
During the same broadcast Navalny said that he did not intend "to prove that the Ukrainian nation does not exist. God willing, it does". He added, "No one wants to make an attempt to limit Ukraine's sovereignty".
In March 2014, after Russia's annexation of Crimea, Navalny urged further sanctions against officials and businessmen linked to Putin and proposed a sanctions list for Western countries.
When asked if he would return Crimea to Ukraine if he became president, he said "Is Crimea some sort of sausage sandwich to be passed back and forth? I don't think so". He also said that a "normal referendum" would need to be held.
Navalny has also expressed his support for pro-Russian secessions in Georgia and Moldova.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexei_Navalny
You do know what secession means, I assume.

Dunno why he went back to Russia tbh :confused:
Indeed wondered that. I only hope he has been somehow been promised a safe release and a wad of cash from one of these very rich enemies of Putin when it all comes falling down. Somehow.

Navalny seemed very cocky in the courts apparently giving them alot of sarcastic chat back. Obviously he knew he was destined for Jail. Im guessing to whip up enough public disdain to make a change? On the down side he could get the poison umbrella tip or another novichok special bowl of porridge very soon? Im not sure i would do what he's doing for all of Russians Vodka i would be sh'tting it.

He's either very brave and willing to sacrifice his life/be a martyr for the Russian people or he's found a chink in the Putin fortress and is convinced collectively he (and some very wealthy enemies of Putin) can topple him.

He was a Russian nationalist, but he wanted integration not domination. The following completely refutes your arguments:
During the same broadcast Navalny said that he did not intend "to prove that the Ukrainian nation does not exist. God willing, it does". He added, "No one wants to make an attempt to limit Ukraine's sovereignty".
In March 2014, after Russia's annexation of Crimea, Navalny urged further sanctions against officials and businessmen linked to Putin and proposed a sanctions list for Western countries.
When asked if he would return Crimea to Ukraine if he became president, he said "Is Crimea some sort of sausage sandwich to be passed back and forth? I don't think so". He also said that a "normal referendum" would need to be held.
Navalny has also expressed his support for pro-Russian secessions in Georgia and Moldova.
You do know what secession means, I assume.
Your post confirms what i have said rather than refutes it.
Navalny has moderated his lanquage to appear more liberal but he has never repudiated his past comments about immigrants and muslims.
If he was British he would probably be a supporter of UKIP or some other right wing organisation.

Your post confirms what i have said rather than refutes it.
Navalny has moderated his lanquage to appear more liberal but he has never repudiated his past comments about immigrants and muslims.
If he was British he would probably be a supporter of UKIP or some other right wing organisation.
Please show the evidence to support your allegations of Navalny's prejudice against immigrants and Muslims.
I think you are misreading the history, or misinterpreting those historical events.

Indeed, on other occasions Navalny has overtly denounced ethnic or racial hatred.
It is perfectly true that he opposed illegal immigration.
His reference to skin colour was in relation to "dark-skinned Caucasus militants". If he was referring to Islamists terrorists, then his comment cannot be taken in support of a racial prejudice.

In late 2006, ... However, he added that Yabloko (of which Navalny was a member) condemned "any ethnic or racial hatred and any xenophobia" and called on the police to oppose "any fascist, Nazi, xenophobic manifestations".​

In June 2008, the movement joined forces with two other Russian nationalist movements, Movement Against Illegal Immigration​

In a 2011 profile, The New York Times said that Navalny espoused Russian nationalist views and that he starred in a video that compared "dark-skinned Caucasus militants to cockroaches"

In a 2011 profile, The New York Times said that Navalny espoused Russian nationalist views and that he starred in a video that compared "dark-skinned Caucasus militants to cockroaches
If someone like Nigel Farage for example compared dark skinned people to cockroaches you would be the first to shout racist.
Navalny also referred to Georgian nationals as rodents.

If someone like Nigel Farage for example compared dark skinned people to cockroaches you would be the first to shout racist.
He referred to terrorists as cockroaches.

also referred to Georgian nationals as rodents.
You keep making these allegations, and I see no sign of any evidence to support your allegations.
You know the old saying, "anything asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence".

It looks like Jacobin was incorrect. Maybe they should stop drawing attention to his 'relatively unscathed freedom':
Other well-known opposition leaders have been eliminated in various ways. The radical Left Front leader Sergey Udaltsov was imprisoned five years ago. The prominent liberal Boris Nemtsov was assassinated in 2015. And other opposition figures, such as Gerry Kasparov and Ilya Ponomarev, have been driven into exile.

Navalny has survived the crackdown relatively unscathed, continuing his political campaigning in comparative freedom.
Your link.​

Sponsored Links
Back