Near electrocution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a tale of 'tidy up your tools' this one. Fitting up a light in the kitchen, tools and bits all over the floor, anyway, managed to wire up the light, fixed in, marvellous. Go to the mains switch, in the kitchen and, having to stretch to reach over the tools, pasting table, etc, standing on one leg, I manage to flick the switch, but it kept trippin'. Doh. Back up the ladder to the light. Tightened up the wiring some more, marvellous, back to the electric cupboard, standing on my right leg, left leg swinging out behind me, at the very moment I flicked the switch my left boot kicked the on switch of the cordless sander which was in my tool box, so my left boot and leg are shaking away, along with this horrific electric buzzing sound behind me, I didnt have a clue what was going on nor did my partner who was stood there "Aaaarghhh", my brother in law who was poking me with a broom handle, and my 5 year old niece hands aclasp over mouth in horror. Heart was going at 300 beats per minute. Will learn from that one in future!

Sponsored Links
Reminds me....Laurel and Hardy is on this weekend! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back