Need advice replacing a 2 way switch

Sponsored Links
Photo is wired correctly, the earths have been bundled together. Leave it alone now.
NO - the earths need to connect to the earth terminal on that metal switch-plate - as they should have been on the original switch.
We really need to see what is under that red tape - specifically what that blue wire is connected to (hopefully nothing).
You also need to check that those earths really are earths - with a bodge like that (by whoever fitted the original switch) it pays to play safe.

which switch does not work - looking at the back from your photo - is it the left/right , so the one with the yellow is left & the one with blue & brown at the top is right switch
also when you put the cables into the sockets and tightened the screw - was there a lot of bare copper to tighten onto - or could you have tightened on the plastic outer and so not made a connection

As I understand it ,your switches/ lights now all work fine ,but the switch plate must be earthed and it isn't.
You need to turn off all power and remove the red tape ,then show us pics of what's hiding beneath.

Sponsored Links
As I understand it ,your switches/ lights now all work fine ,but the switch plate must be earthed and it isn't.
You need to turn off all power and remove the red tape ,then show us pics of what's hiding beneath.
As I said two posts above

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back