Advice on replacing old light switch (2 way)

Except, the OP wants all of the switches to look the same....
Looking how they make the Mk, it looks like you maybe able to unclip the 2 way switch and fit in a Grid intermediate, , perhaps removing its white shroud first, or a switch from a 1 gang intermediate if they make one i have done similar with masterseal units.
However I have noticed Mks white stuff sometimes varies shade slightly so the two rockers may not match exactly

Sponsored Links
Looking how they make the Mk, it looks like you maybe able to unclip the 2 way switch and fit in a Grid intermediate, , perhaps removing its white shroud first, or a switch from a 1 gang intermediate if they make one i have done similar with masterseal units.
However I have noticed Mks white stuff sometimes varies shade slightly so the two rockers may not match exactly
I wondered this when I saw the photo, though couldn't find any spiel on the internet about MK switches.

but the op didnt say what make they wanted or were using
They didn't say it in text, what the makes were, but they did post pictures of the backs of the old and new switches.

The Picture of the "old" switch has among other markings on the back, CMA012, that part number matches a click mode 2 gang, 2 way switch. Presumably the installer removed one of the two way switch modules and replaced it with an intermediate module (unlike most brands, Scholmore click lightswitches are modular by default).

The picture of the "new" switch has a packet sitting behind it, presumably the one it came out of. The packet identifies it as a MK logic plus 2 gang 2 way switch. The switch itself also has MK logos on it and it's appearance is consistent with the logic plus range.

What we don't know, because the OP never came back to the thread is what the OPs overall goals with the "updating" are? do they like the look of MK logic plus specifically? do they want to replace a random assortment of accessories with one consistent style? if so just how consistent do they want it to be? how much have they already bought?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
bit late now but scolmore do a 45A single gang switch which would have matched the smaller switch

https://www.toolstation.com/click-mode-45a-dp-switch/p10475

and scolmore are one of the makers that supply neonless switches !!
Thanks.

I inherited the switch and didn't want to mess around filling it in to make it a single gang, and wanted to put a triple pole fan isolator and a single switch in the single gang box, so matched it as best I could.

I looked at that too. but having tried it on older switches and failed to get the parts back in place, and not being familiar with how the modern modules are constructed & fitted, I held back from making the suggestion. I will admit they look like they could be interchangeable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back