need an extra socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a medium sized bedroom
there is only one double socket on a wall in the room.
Basically I need another socket on the other side of the room.
I would prefer not to have an extension socket with trailing wires or to damage the decoration by installing another socket.
Any other options please ?
Thanks very much.

I

Sponsored Links
Nikola Tesla it is claimed found a way to transmit power wirelessly to a local town, but in real terms we can work an ear piece wireless with a crystal set radio, and we can charge phones wireless with induction pads, but the losses are high, there has been talk about charging electric cars but at the moment that seems a pipe dream.

So a 13 amp socket needs wires.

The new location, is there a power point of the other side of the wall? If so might be able to pick up a power supply from there.

Sponsored Links
A socket can be part of a ring final, or a radial, or a fused spur, or unfused spur, the latter can't be extended without it being converted into a fused spur first. Since you don't say what the "power point of the other side of the wall" is we can't tell you if it can be used.

Lift a floor board and run cable to new socket on other side . No reason to damage decoration or fit a floor socket .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back