Need help to determine what parts are needed to fix a spot light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please excuse my very novice description of the problem but my electric knowledge pretty much ends beyond switching a light bulb.

The spot light in the picture has stopped working. Obviously tried replacing the light itself before anything else but it is still not working. Other lights operated by the exact same switch are working so it is isolated to this particular light.

I had few other cases like this and in all cases I was able to resolve it by replacing the cable between the light itself and the first black box. I did it with this one (see second picture attached) but it isn't working still. So, I'm thinking next would be to replace other that red box or the white one above it.

My questions:
1. Is my analysis correct?
2. What should I be searching for online in order to buy the right parts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7123.JPG
    IMG_7123.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7121.JPG
    IMG_7121.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7122.JPG
    IMG_7122.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks.

My lighters can be dimmed indeed.

Would you mind pointing me to the right product please?

Sponsored Links
Its not that easy, post a pic of the details on your one.
If that worked ok, then thats the type you need or its equivalent

Just added a picture, hope it is ok

Attachments

• IMG_7126.JPG
    IMG_7126.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 117
I note the lights hanging on the wire, you have not accidently pulled one of the wires out the connecter in the WHITE box have you.
Do not open it with the circuit ON as its live

I haven't and no I have not touched anything but replacing the wire between the light and the black box and thanks for the advanced warning :)

You should really determine by, testing, why it isn't working first.

You know sod's law will mean it's the last thing you replace which will be the faulty bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back