Need to re-pressurise EcoTec Plus 618 system - but how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Only been in this house few months, so haven't got 'acquainted' with our boiler yet. Back from holiday two months ago and spanner was showing and 0.4 pressure. Put on heating to test it and it fired up OK. Relief all round.

Two days ago, we go dreaded F22 error and nothing was working, heating nor hot water.

In previous house, had simple two-valve system to re-fill but here, I have no idea how to do it.

Here's an image of the underside - I've seen many other photos of 618 boilers showing nice plastic valves underneath. We don't have any of that. Here's our boiler from below:

20180819_123658.jpg

I'm guessing I need to attach something to the first and third pipes?

The boiler is set up in our lean-to shed out the back and I see nothing else obvious where re-pressuring could happen. There's also tank up in the loft space above the bathroom, is it likely to be there?

Happy to post other photos - would rather avoid a plumber call out if there's something right under my nose.

Sponsored Links
Hello,
The Vaillant 618 is a system boiler, therefore the filling loop would normally be near the unvented cylinder

Just Google Unvented cylinder and look for something that's similar to the images you get up.

Sponsored Links
It will be the hot water storage cylinder, normally in an airing cupboard

OK, so I couldn't see anything similar to that in the roof space near the cylinder, so I went hunting in the airing cupboard below and saw this:

without touching the blue valve, I turned the one at the top anti-clockwise for about 2 seconds during which I heard the rush of water.

went down to the boiler...which had sprung into action. Both HW and CH working.

Question: I thought usually with these things, you had to turn two valves, but I only turned the small silver one at the top for couple of seconds.

Wife is happy and I'm faking it that I knew what I was doing. :mrgreen:

near that valve that you turned will be a guage take it up to between 1 and 1.5 Bar for everything to function correctly , and if you ever bleed a radiator you will have to go back and top it up there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back