Need To Source Gas Fittings Any Help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I need to source some fittings for a gas guy to come and connect and leak test afterwards. It's only a 10cm stretch between 2 gas pipes where one of the ends looks like this:

DM2jxNe.jpg

And the other end looks like this:

wytOlxq.jpg

I believe they are 28mm fittings.

Do I need any type of special fiber washers to use with these fittings?
Do I need to buy any putty or PTFE tape? (The top fitting has some old putty on it)
Is it possible to downsize them to 22mm along this stretch as it's easier to get a hold of 22mm pipe?
And obviously I need the actual fittings.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
They are not a standard fitting you will need an rgi who knows what to do
NOT A DIY-ER

pmsl yeah no one recognises your attempt at trying to disguise what the 2 bits actually are

pmsl yeah no one recognises your attempt at trying to disguise what the 2 bits actually are

Did you not read my post ? He’s clearly trying to bypass his meter. Dan pointed it out too

i used to laugh when i would be sitting in bg van and would get a punter come up and say have you got a tap washer this size mate ,,,
eh thats a meter washer
na its a bath tap its leaking
fek off mate i know what it is

And I was exactly right with the job not justifying a cost upwards of £200 (let alone £1000).

And seeing as I work with gas appliance installers (who do work much more complicated than a simple extension) it's wisest to have them help me with it - as a few have offered already (for free).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back