Neff Oven U1421 - Burnt element replaced but still no heat!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could someone please advise on a diagnosis? The original main oven element went with a bang and I've replaced it. The fan and light operate correctly but there is no heat.

Read somewhere that it might be the temperature regulator, as when I switch on the main oven, there is no audible click. (Switching on the top oven, the click can be heard from behind the temperature dial). I can't remember but I'm assuming the main oven should have an audible click from behind it's temperature dial as well.

Can anyone confirm that this regulator could be at fault and is it readily accesible to replace once the oven is pulled forward from the cabinet?

Many thanks in advance

Congers

Sponsored Links
Some Neff ovens have a thermal fuse in the rear near the element (behind the back panel). This can blow when the element goes.

Just a quick update, I've spoken to someone from customer services at Neff who suggested that because I'm not hearing the 'click' when I turn on the dial of the main oven then the fault may be (it still may not be) the Thermostat.

Anyone have any experiences of this?

Thanks

Congers

Sponsored Links
when you turn a oven on the stat light comes on ,if the stat light is off that means it needs a new themostat the element has taken the stat out as well .

Thanks for the reply, the red light comes on OK, as does the fan and oven light, it's just that there's no clicking from the dial when you turn it on.

Update -

Well I've now changed the Thermostat for the main oven (temperature-regulator) and despite now making the click when the dial is turned there is still no heat from the element. Lights and fan still working OK.

Although it's a different style of thermostat I put the spade connector as per the numbering on the old switch, ie. 1 to 1 and 2 to 2. So I would imagine that should be OK.

On the schematics on the Neff website it looks like there may be some 'Temperature limiters' in there somewhere. Has anyone got any useful suggestions on the next steps to take please?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back