neighbour flooding my drive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbours (I hope!) bath drain appears blocked and ends up flooding my drive. The water comes down the downpipe and doesnt go down the drain. It floods their small path and runs accross to my drive and puddles on my drive. I end up with a 2 inch deep puddle where I park my cars about 3 metres long and a metre wide.

Ive spoken to her and she is the rudest woman ive met. She said "ive lived here 15 years and had it looked it 3 times and no one has been able to fix it". Then proceded to close the door on me! She doesnt even acknowledge when she walks past!

Anyway, clearly she isnt going to fix the problem so I need to do something to prevent the water coming on my drive. We have a 1m high fence with concrete posts that the water travels under. Its her fence I believe. I dont want to spend loads of money but would like to prevent the water coming over my side of the drive.

Anyone got any suggestions? I dont really want it to drain away, I would like it to puddle up on her path and soak her brickwork some more! I had thought of sandbags but im not sure if that will work.

Sponsored Links
I had thought of sandbags but im not sure if that will work.
Well sandbags would work if the falls in the vicinity are 'helpful', hard to tell without seeing it though tbh. Contact Environmental Health at your council, I imagine they'd be interested or at least tell you who would be.

puddles on my drive
I'm sorry to hear about your bad neighbour. However, it also sounds like your drive might not be draining properly. If you get sitting water with a heavy downpour, I think your drive might be at risk of frost damage.

Sponsored Links
tube of silicone? seal the fence panels to the floor and post? create a dam effect?

I think the drive may well have a slight drainage problem however when the neighbour emptys a bath (whats that, probably 150L?) in the one spot it puddles. When it rains it doesnt puddle like that tho. The drive now has a distinct grey patch from the soap scum, which is bloody slippery.

I will speak with the enviromental health and see if they have an avenue. If so I will speak with the neighbour again and if I get no where then Ill go back to the EH and lodge a complaint.

Honestly they are bad neighbours, dog barking loads, rubbish the other side of the fence, garden full of dog ****. She must bring out 8 bags of rubbish a week (theres only 3 people living there) and not one drop of recycling! Its probably only my opinion but in this day and age to not recycle anything proves to me a complete lazy bastard. Hence the rubbish and poo in thier garden.

I really would love to flood that path as they use it to enter the house. Im sure that would get them to fix it then!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back