Neighbour proposing to site boiler flue within my boundary

Sponsored Links
Just a quick postscript. Thought I'd just look on some website reviews for the contractors my neighbour is using, lots of very negative reviews, allegations of them being cowboys - one poor guy even had his credit card used fraudulently having used it to pay for a previous boiler repair which they didn't actually fix in the first place! I am now doubtful if they actually are Gas Safe registered, since the bloke I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue about the building regs when I mentioned them! I certainly would't use them for the job, hope my neighbour doesn't live to regret it.

Easy to put their details in gassafe registers site and check.

Perhaps thats why it's a weekend job

I had a look at Gas safe reg site to see if I could check them out, but don't know their ID number which seems only way to do it.

Yes even now flue has moved I shall certainly be v mindful of potential for pluming coming towards my patio !

Sponsored Links
Name and post code will do as well.

There's two sections, domestic/individual and company

They don't have to use a management kit do they? They certainly haven't done so - flue is sticking out vertically from neighbours kitchen wall..

I am hoping its now far enough away for it not to cause me an issue but difficult to tell as won't know until its up and running.

If it does, I guess its Environmental Health phone call time....

Depends which way the prevailing wind is .

You should post a pic of said flue. :rolleyes:

Just to add to the thread :LOL:

If planning approval was given to convert the property into apartments, it may have been a clause that community heating was a condition.

Gov dot con and all that.

It may therefore be illegal to actually install an individual boiler, worth checking the deeds.

Bizarrely they are registered!

unfortunately it isnt bizarre that they are registered, however the company being registered means nothing, we all know how to do the job properly however a lot of companies and their people choose not to comply, there are many method statements and management statements all over the place indicating how things will be done, and if the guys choose not to do it that way and get caught they will get sacked, the rub is that most dodgy bosses know they arent doing it properly but are covered by the method statement and "will now increase supervision and training to ensure this unfortunate incident cannot happen again, it has happened and we owe it to the families of the deceased to ensure it doesnt happen again"

although the firm is registered that doesnt mean that the firm was actually doing this job just cause 2 of their vans turned up on a saturday morning

I would be very surprised if the job was in the books Kirkgas.

The job has Homer written all over it. :rolleyes:

If planning approval was given to convert the property into apartments, it may have been a clause that community heating was a condition.

That's an interesting thought. It would leave those remaining on the community system with the running and maintenance costs of an over-sized boiler and heating system. It would get silly if more than 50% opted out.

It would be worth ensuring how the isolation from the community system has been carried out. Flow and return cut and capped, room sensor disconnected, the flat's programmer disconnected at the central control panel, HWS pipes F (&R?) cut and capped, insulation made good, etc..

It may be she can't opt out and still has to pay whether she uses it or not. :LOL:

As said it could be that the Council won't allow it, certainly worth checking the contract and deeds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back