Neighbours condensation pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey
My neighbour just had. A new boiler fitted and the plumber has put there co fensation over flow pipe throw there wall and drilled into my waste pipe that attaches yo my house is this allowed. I agreed at the time as I thought it was just a temporary thing as he was filling a hole where the old flo was thinking it was just to wash the stuff down afterwards.. he did not want to do it to the neighbours garden as it was harder work for them and would have to cement the pipe in or something and the kids would of broke it. I have attached a picture to show all help will be appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 20230925_183158.jpg
    20230925_183158.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 116
Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t accept it. Well, maybe if they were really nice neighbours. Chop it off flush and block it up if you don’t get on with them.

Is this allowed under gas safe rules? If not, they should have to come back and fit it properly at their own expense.

Not allowed unless you gave permission, which you said you did. It shouldn't be like that if you refuse.

Yes i did say it was fine as the plumber didn't really explain himself properly. They already drilled a hole through there wall previously. Well that's it what excatky comes out of there. The neighbours are new do get along. If I do get it removed who gives me a new pipe as there eill e a hole In it now

Sponsored Links
Oo can you really so would I still keep the clamp on thw brown pipe

Hey
My neighbour just had. A new boiler fitted and the plumber has put there co fensation over flow pipe throw there wall and drilled into my waste pipe that attaches yo my house is this allowed. I agreed at the time as I thought it was just a temporary thing as he was filling a hole where the old flo was thinking it was just to wash the stuff down afterwards.. he did not want to do it to the neighbours garden as it was harder work for them and would have to cement the pipe in or something and the kids would of broke it. I have attached a picture to show all help will be appreciated thanks
Criminal damage and trespass.
Instruct them to remove and repair immediately.

Yes I asked my plumber and he goes yeh I wouldn't of done that pretty cheeky as it was the easiest way that's why they done it

Criminal damage and trespass.
Instruct them to remove and repair immediately.
Hmm, steady on, he did initially give them permission, sounds more like a miscommunication issue.

OP, speak to the neighbours, ask for it to be redone obviously at their expense, that's the first step ....

Tbh I may just box it off and forget about it doesn't let that much water through does it

of course its not criminal damage.

I recall these are supposed to go in to soakaways in the garden not in to rain water pipes unless the pipe goes in to a combined sewer.

You really don't want that left like that as it can lead to all sorts of boundary/rights disputed down the line.

Yeh so that brown pipe is attached to my bath and toilet and goes straight into the sewerage.. I have contacted my council see what they say got to wait for a call back which will probably be next year

Yeh so that brown pipe is attached to my bath and toilet and goes straight into the sewerage.. I have contacted my council see what they say got to wait for a call back which will probably be next year

What has it got to do with your local council?

Nothing at all to do with local council I phoned them.to ask if it is allowed or not.. yes will probably just cover it up makes it easier in the long run. I suppose

Sponsored Links
Back