1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Neighbours conservatory, your thoughts!

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by DEEJAYKAY, 10 Aug 2016.

1. DEEJAYKAY

DEEJAYKAY

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My Neighbour has built (I use that term loosely) a conservatory which looks more like an extension, to me its looks a bit too close to my extension?

And the plastic roof of theirs is packed with expanding foam which overlaps my tiled roof!
    See pictures below.

Your thoughts.

#whatbuildingregs

Attached Files:

2. nauseous

nauseous

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does your neighbour have a Welsh accent and has a habit of calling everyone boyo ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. sooey

sooey

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So it's ok for you to build up to your boundary but not for him to do the same?

The quality's a different story though, looks like one of nosebleeds efforts. :LOL:

4. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There's nothing preventing your neighbour building on the boundary other than practical issues. Any overhanging elements are trespass and you are within your rights to ask for them to be removed.
    A 100mm set-back would have been a more sensible solution.

5. CJRatch

CJRatch

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Shoddy workmanship aside I cant see much wrong. If as you say its classed as a conservatory building regulations are not required and he has every right to build up to the boundary as you have. You may want to ask him if he plans on weather proofing the gap between the two buildings there doesn't look like much if anything has been done to prevent water ingress currently.

6. wessex101

wessex101

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So where exactly is the boundary? Is it the side of your extension or was that set back from the boundary leaving a gap?

As others have said if the neighbour has built up to the boundary that is fine. If they have crossed over the boundary that is not fine.

Mind you I wouldn't worry too much. A good breeze and it will probably become a nice rockery.

7. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You need your fascia painting

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. DEEJAYKAY

DEEJAYKAY

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I moved in two years ago, my extension was already in place. I have the plans and building consent documents to prove it. My "neighbour" doesn't actually exist they moved out a month ago it's the landlord who had done the work.

He has now added a Combi boiler in the "conservatory" on the wall in the picture.

• Like Like x 1