Neighbour's Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Neighbour has a wire feed to the garage using domestice cable coming out of the and nailed to the wall...it is then unsupported over 3 foot to the wooden fence....and nailed to the fence where it eventually goes into his garage to power his lathe

The properties are are governed by a managing agent , who initally said its a temporary installation so it doesnt need certification, just an RCD, I informed them this is dangerous, they then said it had been inspected (really)

Then then told me they had no intention of showing me any certification or when it was done

This agent https://www.hobdensmanage.co.uk/ have some atrocious reviews, I've reported the matter to Building Control, however because of Working from home etc and several vacancies they are overwhelmed with work and it will take time to investigate unless someone is killed then it will become a priority

What else can I do

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 123
Sponsored Links
My Neighbour has a wire feed to the garage using domestice cable coming out of the and nailed to the wall...it is then unsupported over 3 foot to the wooden fence....and nailed to the fence where it eventually goes into his garage to power his lathe

The properties are are governed by a managing agent , who initally said its a temporary installation so it doesnt need certification, just an RCD, I informed them this is dangerous, they then said it had been inspected (really)

Then then told me they had no intention of showing me any certification or when it was done

This agent https://www.hobdensmanage.co.uk/ have some atrocious reviews, I've reported the matter to Building Control, however because of Working from home etc and several vacancies they are overwhelmed with work and it will take time to investigate unless someone is killed then it will become a priority

What else can I do
Mind your own business and get on with your life?

I was untill him and his kronies reported me to the managing agent and are having my shed removed after they complained about my power to the garage i'v since had my installation Part P registered...whats good for me is good for them

So any sensible replies are well received

I was untill him and his kronies reported me to the managing agent and are having my shed removed after they complained about my power to the garage i'v since had my installation Part P registered...whats good for me is good for them

But you've highjacked another thread.

Sponsored Links

What else can I do

Attachments

• Wiring.jpg
    Wiring.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 42
My Neighbour has a wire feed to the garage using domestice cable coming out of the and nailed to the wall...it is then unsupported over 3 foot to the wooden fence....and nailed to the fence where it eventually goes into his garage to power his lathe ..... What else can I do
What did your neighbour say when you discussed this with him?

Kind Regards, John

There is no such thing as part P registration. Part P is one sentence of the building regs not a registration scheme. So what have you actually done?

There is no such thing as part P registration. Part P is one sentence of the building regs not a registration scheme. So what have you actually done?
Try telling that to those who have gone through the part P inspections and registration process.

I was untill him and his kronies reported me to the managing agent and are having my shed removed ...
I'm rather confused.

Why did someone report you to anyone because of the electrical supply to your neighbour's garage, and why are they having your garage removed because of it?

Kind Regards, John

Try telling that to those who have gone through the part P inspections and registration process.

Have you read and memorised all the Requirements specified in Part P?

I have.

Have you read and memorised all the Requirements specified in Part P? I have.
So have most of us.

However, Sunray's comment (I presume 'tongue in cheek') was not about Part P but, rather, about "the part P inspections and registration process" - which I doubt many of us have read, since I don't think it exists :)

Kind Regards, John

I see you have a CCTV sticker.

I'm not sure it was a good idea to photograph your neighbour's property.

Are you The Neighbour from Hell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back