Neighbours overflow Pipe leaking constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My neighbours overflow pipe is constantly dripping and getting worse more flowing at times :mad:

now hes a bit weird\ bit of a ***** so i doubt he would pay for it to be fixed(been like this for about 6 weeks)

Im concerned at how close the water is dripping near my property :mad:

How should i diplomatically ask him to sort it ?

Could it get worse if he leaves it unrepaired ?

Could it not cause subsidence\illness ?

whats the likely fault cost and repair cost ?

could the local council force him to take action if diplomacy fails ?

Thanks in advance and i have to say this is great forum :)

Sponsored Links
Inform your local water authority, fines can be implemented for water waste.

Sponsored Links
u have to approach him and ask...for a start...then see how u go from there.
if its a lot of water...yes it can soften the ground below and cause movement..specially if house is just build on clay
it will be a ball valve....price from £35 - £90 ?...depending on access/plumber/area/

And if the water is dripping onto a wall, you can expect (1) damp wall (2) mould and algae (3) irremovable staining from hardened limescale that will look unsightly for a hundred years.

The valve only costs a few pounds and will probably be changed with half an hour's work - much the same as valve in a WC cistern (but due to its position in a dark and cramped loft often easier to fit a new one than change the washer. I then like to clean off the old one, fit a new washer, and hang it next to the tank ready for next time ;)

victor meldrew said:
JPC said:
put a cork in the end...he'll soon sort it then ! :evil:

Id like to kick the cork up his manhole :)

In Inverness, on a cold night, the overflow may well freeze solid, then it'll leak through his celing :LOL:

Wait until all the water freezes and he busts his arse slipping on it...

Apart from the ball valve bit, it could be that the coil in his cylinder has a pin hole and the water level in F&E and CWSC are trying to level with each other... if this is the case his hot water could be a bit 'black' with black crap from heating system...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back